Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

moon66

Aug 26, 2018
What is it called when a player puts the puck all the way around the glass from the point position? Not the boards. It would go all the way around the U and behind the net and come out to the other blue line. I'm just curious because I can't find it anywhere online or in a video. You can also do it in the video game. Basically, they use the glass and it's thrown all the way around the glass and behind the net and it goes around the U shape of the rink.

Thanks

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Rimming the puck?

Edit: I don't think I've ever heard a term for rimming the puck without it touching the boards. "Using the glass" is probably the most common expression I've heard for when a player plays the puck high off/around the boards (the glass), but that's more commonly used when a player is attempting to get the puck OUT of their D-zone.

I think "rimming the puck" is the term you're looking for.

Last edited:
Reactions: moon66

moon66

Aug 26, 2018
It's been a while since I played a video game. It's where the defensemen somehow gets the puck and get the puck to go around the glass. I'm talking upward around the glass. Not a dump-in. Basically, the puck goes around the whole glass, behind the net, and up the side of the other part of the glass. Basically all glass. You might be right. I was just curious because I can't find a video of it anywhere.

Reactions: Tweed

moon66

Aug 26, 2018
Rimming the puck?

Edit: I don't think I've ever heard a term for rimming the puck without it touching the boards. "Using the glass" is probably the most common expression I've heard for when a player plays the puck high off/around the boards (the glass), but that's more commonly used when a player is attempting to the the puck OUT of their D-zone.

I think "rimming the puck" is the term you're looking for.

Thanks.

Reactions: Tweed

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
It's been a while since I played a video game. It's where the defensemen somehow gets the puck and get the puck to go around the glass. I'm talking upward around the glass. Not a dump-in. Basically, the puck goes around the whole glass, behind the net, and up the side of the other part of the glass. Basically all glass. You might be right. I was just curious because I can't find a video of it anywhere.

Assuming you're talking about an offensive play... I knew what you meant... but I actually don't think I've ever seen anybody fire a puck from one point, around the glass, to another point, without it touching the boards at all. It's not a very "playable" (receivable) pass. So if it's ever happened (which it probably has), it probably wasn't on purpose. Either way, I don't remember seeing anybody do it.

A dump-in is when a player sends the puck deep, from their own side of the opposition's blue line, so either he himself, or one of his teammates can track/chase it down in the corner, by virtue of winning a foot race. So I knew that's not what you were referring to.

Reactions: moon66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->