OT: Question: sound at BC Place

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Edmontonian, Oilers fan, with an unrelated question.

I'm thinking of going to Metallica in August:yo:. I could go here in Edmonton, or meet my bro (lives in Victoria) in Vancouver for the show. It would make a great holiday for the 2 families.

How's the sound at BC Place stadium.

I saw the Stones there and the sound was terrible, but that was pre-Olympics, with the old roof.

cheers all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Saw Roger Waters perform the wall around 2010-2011 and the acoustics were brutally bad in BC Place. Saw Tom Petty in the Saddledome and the sound was amazing. Iron Maiden in Rogers/GM place was pretty good

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
BC Place is not made for great audio, the new roof didn't do much if anything to change that. So if you are more concerned about the best quality show then I don't know if Commonwealth will be any better or worse.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
BC Place is not made for great audio, the new roof didn't do much if anything to change that. So if you are more concerned about the best quality show then I don't know if Commonwealth will be any better or worse.

thanx to both of you. this is helpful.

Probably go with Commonwealth, as it is open-air. Obviously, I've seen a number of concerts there an already know what to expect.

thanx again, guys!!

cheers.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
BC Place? Unless you're parked directly in front of the stage, the sound is ****.

I can't see how the new roof would make a lot of difference. It's designed as a football stadium, and acoustics were not a priority.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
If you sit closer, its better. The farther away, the crappier it is. Im seeing GnR there in September. Im lucky enough to have floor seats

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
BC Place? Unless you're parked directly in front of the stage, the sound is ****.

I can't see how the new roof would make a lot of difference. It's designed as a football stadium, and acoustics were not a priority.

I'm pretty sure though they tried to make the acoustics better. So it most likely is a little better than it was before

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Saw AC/DC at BC Place in 2015. I was way up in the nosebleeds, but thought the sound was fine. It's all in the mixing. I've been to shows at the Commodore where the sound was awful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad