Question regarding Sam Gagner

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
How was his overall game after the WJC compared to the first half of the season? Did he play better, the same?? Was his ppg the same, higher or lower? Just wondering if he took home any lessons from the WJC?

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
He slowed down in the second half of the season, but still looked good. I think he got tired - he had never played a full OHL-length season before and I think it took a toll on him. He's also one of the youngest players in the draft this year, reasonably close to being a late birthday.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
How was his overall game after the WJC compared to the first half of the season? Did he play better, the same?? Was his ppg the same, higher or lower? Just wondering if he took home any lessons from the WJC?
Without looking up stats, I'd say he was generally as good. A bit sidetracked by some injuries, however, plus Kane and Kostitsyn were REALLY lighting things up, so it maybe overshadowed Gagner more than he had ever been overshadowed earlier.

I don't think the WJC would inspire much tangible shortterm change in Gagner's game... he plays the way Hunter wants him to, and he plays great in the OHL. I'd think steps he'll take will come from the summer camp, from strength gained over the summer, stuff like that, not so much in the midst of the Knights' season. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->