Question regarding memorabilia sales

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm a relative newbie here so forgive me for being unaware of all the policies and etiquette of the site. I have some items of Habs-related memorabilia I'd like to shift and I'm wondering if that's something we're able to do here or not. If not, no biggie. Anyone who would like to know what I have on offer can simply send me a message privately. If it is permissible I can post a list of items. I'm certainly not looking to get rich; I just have bills and expenses to pay and as I will be moving soon I'd rather get rid of stuff than cart it with me. But of course, these items aren't random bits of tat; they have value so I'm not about to just drop them off at my local Value Village.

Anyway, someone please let me know what I'm allowed to do here with regard to this.

Thanks.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I've seen people post pictures of their Habs related paraphernalia before, so you could start with that. Maybe hold a silent auction by PM.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Game-used sock, worn by Sonny Wade on his left foot, from his 1970 Grey Cup win ...

2fpzdj.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
CFL memorabilia from the 70s, Jack Todd ... only Laurentide could pull this off.

2fq2st.jpg

Personally, I'm waiting for these to go on the block ...

But Cubs fans didn't wait over a century for a championship. The vast majority of them were born after they won in the early 20th Century and died long before they won it in the 21st. Fans are not immortal. They have expiration dates. And my patience as a Habs fan also has an expiration date. Montreal sports fans are not Cubs fans. They support winners and do not tolerate losers. If you don't believe that then I have some Expos season tickets to sell you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cobra Commander

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Oh man sad times, everyone is selling off their Habs stuff, we really have fallen out of love with this team haven’t we...
I'm not protest-selling. Just a practical matter when all is said and done. I have this stuff, I have no place to display it anymore so it just sits in storage and I'm moving in a couple of months. It makes no sense to keep carting it around in the hope that I'll be able to show it off and watch it collect dust again someday. I need to put sentimentality aside and just shift this stuff once and for all.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Since there seem to be no objections, here is a list of the hockey-related items available.

8x10 Jean Beliveau (color) - autographed, framed, matted with COA
8x10 Guy Lafleur (color) - autographed, framed, matted with COA
8x10 Jean Beliveau (b&w) - autographed
8x10 Dickie Moore (b&w) - autographed
8x10 Elmer Lach (b&w) - autographed
8x10 Yvan Cournoyer (color) - autographed, framed, matted
8x10 Guy Lafleur (color) - autographed, framed, mounted, limited edition print with bronze medallin (#1498 of 2500 lot)
8x10 Saku Koivu (color) - autographed
8x10 Scott Gomez (color) - autographed

Really large (about 3' x 2') frame with large photo (color) of Rocket Richard with the Cup in the center, surrounded by team photos of each Cup winning squad from the 1955-60 dynasty, professionally matted and framed.

Slightly less large photo of the Forum closing ceremonies, framed and matted.

Montreal Forum game program, Fall 1970 - Boston vs Montreal

Mini Stanley Cup banners (all 24) mini replicas of what's hanging in the rafters, canvas with embroidered lettering and cresting. Hard to find.

Large 1974 Habs/Export A cigarettes wall calendar

1986 Cup Champions pennant
1993 Cup Champions pennant

1993 mini Stanley Cup

XXL Alex Kovalev 3rd jersey (1946 version - white with old school Habs open "C" logo on red and white stripes) Purchased in 2006.
Autographed Guy Lafleur jersey, white with autograph on the #1, size L, purchased in 2009.
XL Saku Koivu white jersey with captain's "C" on front. Purchased in 2001.
Size 54 Bob Gainey old school CCM game weight jersey complete with fight strap, red. captain's "C" on front. Purchased in 1996.

I also have a couple of non-Habs hockey items, a Team Canada pennant from the 1987 Canada Cup and a ball cap autographed by Bobby Orr.

If anything piques your interest shoot me a message.

Reactions: PhysicX

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
The Gomez photo has ironic value. It's like those companies that will deliver a bouquet of dead flowers to people you don't like. There's a niche market of people who would buy an autographed photo of Scott Gomez and then present it as a gift to someone they were trying to send a message to. It's like a flaming bag of poop on someone's doorstep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad