Question on the Apr 6 win vs broons

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Heard comments that the Bell Centre fans somehow tried to fool the 6 on 4 broons into thinking there was more time left on the clock than there really was. Anyone at the game can explain what happened?

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
With like 5 seconds left and the Bruins looking confused, it seemed like the crowd was already cheering as if the game was over. That's what I remember above all.

habs88

Ya I'm a habs fan
Mar 28, 2013
Montreal
With like 5 seconds left and the Bruins looking confused, it seemed like the crowd was already cheering as if the game was over.

It's because everybody around the league thinks we did it to make Boston think the game was over when it wasn't. We just cheer really loud when we beat Boston even louder than when they win the Stanley cup lol

Montreal one of the loudest crowds if not the loudest in the league

Last edited:

Feb 22, 2013
Unless the crowd can cheer longer than the horn, they should not be so easily confused.

Although this was a group that killed their own powerplay :)

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
With like 5 seconds left and the Bruins looking confused, it seemed like the crowd was already cheering as if the game was over. That's what I remember above all.

I remember that too, but was intrigued by this post by leopold in the after-game thread: "3rd period ... Chara dives (even from the other end of the ice I called it right away). Booins are trolled by the crowd into thinking there is still 30 seconds left at the end of the game. I won't tell you how."

So, wondering if there was something more to it ...

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I didn't hear a boston player use this. Maybe a fan brought it up from our fanbase or theirs but meh, we were cheering when they didn't do **** for a 1 min PP and we were gonna win. I'm sure they've heard cheering before. They just didn't shoot, we didn't trick them.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I was at the game. The crowd was pumped as always and the cheering started building during the last ten seconds or so. Nothing unusual about it, nothing that wouldn't happen anywhere else, and absolutely nothing to this piece of nonsense.

Bruins fans come up with enough crazy stuff on their own without the need for supplements.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
The crowd started cheering like the game was over while there was about 5 seconds left. I think the Bruins players got tricked into thinking game was over...but then again the PP wasn't exactly looking good pre-cheering.

Davebo*

Maybe the amount of cheering lead them to believe one of their own had been knocked down or roughed up, so they all stopped to see who needed pounding. It's the sort of thing they might do, with their goon it up attitude.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
SwA9adL.gif

Time to add in "The crowd lied to us" in it.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Best seen in full screen mode, prepare to die laughing

That video shows what really happened. The Bruins felt like entertaining the Bell Centre crowd. Shooting the puck on net would have stopped the flow of the passing skills exhibition.

Harlem Globetrotters on ice.:sarcasm:

Carey Cost*

Whats wrong with that though? lol are we not aloud to cheer like we won 10 seconds before the game any more?

It's our house we do what ever we want...

We should maybe start taking exemple from these guys and cheer 60 mins non stop

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Whats wrong with that though? lol are we not aloud to cheer like we won 10 seconds before the game any more?

It's our house we do what ever we want...

We should maybe start taking exemple from these guys and cheer 60 mins non stop

Well.. I don't know, i'd be scared to go to a soccer game in these places after what we've seen too many times on the news, people die in these stadiums.. It's just too much..:p:

Analyzer*

I doubt Boston's game plan was to wait till there was 5 seconds left before they were going to shoot and then got confused by the fans.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It was one of the most weird PP's I have ever seen, and the 6-4 vs the 5-4 typical PP seemed to mess them up.....they seemed to want the perfect play, and credit the 4 guys on the PK for keeping everything on the outside...

The wheel of excuses should include, the ice was bad, and the crowd was too loud....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad