Question on Prospal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaysfanatic*

Alright, what's teh deal? Did Anahiem have to eat any of his salary when dealing him back to Tampa Bay? If not, Anahiem is looking pretty damn smart right now for that one I think....I mean Prospal isn't really worth 4 million or so he'll be making in a new CBA, he's more about a 2. Im sure folks will disagree w/ me, but I was just curious if Anahiem did indeed eat salary.

BwayBshirt

Mar 31, 2004
My NY State of Mind
actually he was dealt for a draft pick (3rd or 4th).

other than that, not sure about whether ducks are paying some or not. something tells me they are though

Boltsfan2029

Jul 8, 2002
In deleted threads
If memory serves, we got Prospal back for a 2nd round pick.

Anaheim paid the entire $4M signing bonus & first year salary (total $6M), we pay $1.9M per year for 4 years (now 3 years post-lockout).

That's from memory, if it's incorrect, someone will have the right info.

rwilson99

MyCaptain11 said:
actually he was dealt for a draft pick (3rd or 4th).

other than that, not sure about whether ducks are paying some or not. something tells me they are though

If I remember the story correctly, Prospal got an outrageous signing bonus from the Ducks when he left town before 03-04. His current salary is quite affordable (south of 2Million prior to the rollback)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Prospal was dealt for a 2nd after Cory Stillman was let go

BwayBshirt

Mar 31, 2004
My NY State of Mind
rwilson99 said:
If I remember the story correctly, Prospal got an outrageous signing bonus from the Ducks when he left town before 03-04. His current salary is quite affordable (south of 2Million prior to the rollback)

yeah i remember that part. didn't hurt the lightning whatsoever.

i just thought the bolts reacquired him for a 3rd or 4th.

but it was a 2nd eh? damn, coates must have been high to do that

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
He was sent back to Tampa for a 2005 2nd round pick. That pick will be very important if Tampa picks between 25-30 in the first round as it would end up being the 31-36th overall pick...

The Ducks already paid the worst of his deal which was the signing bonus at about 4 million.

His pre 24% rollback salary is 2.5 milion I think.

He just didnt fit in as Duck. Looks like a trade that will work for both teams.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
MyCaptain11 said:
but it was a 2nd eh? damn, coates must have been high to do that

Bryan Murray almost pulled the trigger on the exact same deal at the 04 trading deadline. Only difference is that Murray wanted 2 million from Tampa to cover some of the signing bonus they gave Prospal.

Coates took over as GM and was instructed to cut payroll so he sent a Veteran making 2.5 million back to Tampa. It was well known that Prospal never quite fit in in Anaheim. So I don't think it was a bad trade by Coates. And the second round pick could end up being 31-36th overall pick which could be a very good prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad