Question on buying DEL Tickets

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm going to Berlin at the end of September, and one thing I really wanted to do is go see Eisbären Berlin. I'm trying to book tickets for their 2nd home game, but I'm getting an error on the payment screen of "The payment failed, please try again". Does anyone know where this error could be coming from? If I can't pay by card before I head over, how readily available are tickets on gameday at Mercedes-Benz Arena?

Sealink

Jul 23, 2006
Nürnberg
I don't know where the error comes from. But maybe I can help you in another way:
Maybe using another ticket shop could help. Which one did you try to use? The one that can be reached from the Eisbären website?

Depending on where you'd like to sit (or stand), tickets for the game against Bremerhaven should still be available on game day.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't know where the error comes from. But maybe I can help you in another way:
Maybe using another ticket shop could help. Which one did you try to use? The one that can be reached from the Eisbären website?

Depending on where you'd like to sit (or stand), tickets for the game against Bremerhaven should still be available on game day.

Yeah, I first tried Eisbären's website and then I also tried Mercedes-Benz Arena's website. The Mercedes-Benz site had the same problem, but it flat out told me my card was declined.

I'm not too worried about where I'd sit, I just wanna make sure I actually get a ticket. It seems like there are still a lot of tickets left in the sections I was looking at (220, 219, 202 and 203), so I'm not too worried about having to get the tickets on game day. I just hope the same doesn't happen when I try to get Hertha tickets, because I'm much less confident about getting those on game day :laugh:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I just hope the same doesn't happen when I try to get Hertha tickets, because I'm much less confident about getting those on game day :laugh:

No worries, unless it's against FC Bayern you're going to get your tickets for sure. The cheapest categories may be sold out though. But I recommend 1. FC Union matches for better atmosphere.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
No worries, unless it's against FC Bayern you're going to get your tickets for sure. The cheapest categories may be sold out though. But I recommend 1. FC Union matches for better atmosphere.

Dortmund and Schalke could also be a problem, although there should be some available at the gates the choice would be pretty limited. Under certain special circmstances games other than vs. Bayern can be sold out, but I don't see any of those on the horizon any time soon.
In general I agree that the atmosphere at the "Alte Försterei" is much better, but that has alot to do with the Olympiastadion being half empty all the time. When it is full or mostly full with like 55,000 and more (60,000 would be better) the atmosphere can be amazing there, too. But when it's 35,000 it has to be one of the most boring stadiums to be in.

@Empoleon8771
Was this the site you were trying to use?
Eisbären Berlin Ticketshop | Heimspiele

And have you tried contacting the shop?

Sealink

Jul 23, 2006
Nürnberg
the sections I was looking at (220, 219, 202 and 203)
Good choice :thumbu:

Contacting the ticket shop would also have been my next idea.
Or you could write to the Eisbären ticketing team:
[email protected]
Hannes Elster is usually a helpful guy. Maybe he can help you, or point you to someone who can.

Anyway: Enjoy Berlin while you're there. I miss my hometown, since I live about 450km south of it in Bavaria.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I'm actually going to go to a FC Union game as well, I'm doing the Eisbaren game on Friday, FC Union game on Saturday, a Dresdner Eislowen game on Sunday and the Hertha game on Tuesday. I went to Berlin last summer and did a lot of the normal stuff I do whenever I go to new cities (mostly going to history museums, that's the big one), so I'm wanting to do a lot of history tours and sporting events when I go this time.

Dortmund and Schalke could also be a problem, although there should be some available at the gates the choice would be pretty limited. Under certain special circmstances games other than vs. Bayern can be sold out, but I don't see any of those on the horizon any time soon.
In general I agree that the atmosphere at the "Alte Försterei" is much better, but that has alot to do with the Olympiastadion being half empty all the time. When it is full or mostly full with like 55,000 and more (60,000 would be better) the atmosphere can be amazing there, too. But when it's 35,000 it has to be one of the most boring stadiums to be in.

@Empoleon8771
Was this the site you were trying to use?

And have you tried contacting the shop?

Good choice :thumbu:

Contacting the ticket shop would also have been my next idea.
Or you could write to the Eisbären ticketing team:
[email protected]
Hannes Elster is usually a helpful guy. Maybe he can help you, or point you to someone who can.

Anyway: Enjoy Berlin while you're there. I miss my hometown, since I live about 450km south of it in Bavaria.

I got in contact with the Ticketshop, they basically just suggested that I try a different browser, which didn't end up working. I also contacted my credit card company to ask them if they were declining any of my purchases, and they said that they hadn't declined anything. I'm guessing their online system is declining it for whatever reason, maybe I'm entering the billing address wrong or something like that. I think I'm going to wait until Hertha and FC Union tickets become available to try again, and if I get rejected there, I may just hold out hope that I can get tickets when already in Berlin.

Reactions: Albatros

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
When I went, I got an extra from a guy headed to the barn on the street for face. It’s a big building, tickets shouldn’t be a problem early.

As for cards online, I would contact my bank beforehand and tell them about the transaction inside of an hour of you trying or calling them right after denial, getting approval before running again. I usually have bigger issues in Sweden than Germany.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad