Question on a few sticks

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
Search around. I didn't personally see it but I've heard people say that they were getting repainted retail sticks. I believe it was from a few canadian stores... but then again I've heard reports of a certain canadian store repainting sticks as other higher end sticks too. Whether this was an isolated incident with only a few people effected or not is something I couldn't tell you. Regardless, you have to question a company that denies the fact that they aquired another company and are piggy backing on the technology that was already being used. Warrior(or at least their reps) denies ever buying out or even dealing with innovative, which is common knowledge... What else are they lying about?

I'm not sure whether these "retail" sticks were actually pro stock or whether they were being painted by the store selling them or what but it was being talked about for a short while. I can only assume that it was an isolated thing... Actually, what might have happened was that maybe they were repainting sticks and when they got word that people were getting upset they immediately decided to "release" a lot of pro stock sticks. If you've noticed a LOT of pro stock warriors are out and about. I honestly don't know.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I'm completely aware of the controversies a round Warrior and their products, but have never heard a word mentioned about a "fake" retail stick and I do plenty of searching. The large amount of Pro Overrun (not really prostocks), is because they are clearing out their old stock from Inno/Bauer (Inno made some Bauer sticks).

I'm not a huge fan of their products, but they have enough flaws without false rumours of retail sticks going around. Like I said those "fakes" are fairly easy to spot with the glossy coating, limited patterns, and lack of a checkerboard blade.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
I heard it through MSH around the time warrior was coming out. Only a few people reported things, if anyone is reporting false information it was them. I would be guilty of spreading it but that's what I've heard.

I am well aware of everything you posted. Don't imply that I'm trying to spread rumors, I'm not. I'm passing on information that I've heard as to inform possible customers of that company and fellow hockey players as to what to watch for so they don't get taken advantage of.

It's not a personal vendetta against warrior, because I have nothing personal against their products. In all honesty it was probably an "overrun" of "prostocks" that a few people mistaked for retail but regardless some(ok a lot) people were duped into buying a "dolomite" that wasn't a dolomite.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
You've clarified with no evidence. I searched last night and couldn't find anything on it.

You're essentially said "it happened" as your clarification.

slade

Jan 4, 2007
18 Winspear Ltd.
call me crazy- but my old school ultra light shaft (gold color) is still the best shaft iver ever used.

before that the titan 10000.

those were the days. :D

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
I'm not looking for the "evidence" because I don't feel like wasting my time just to prove a point to you. If you want to believe that I'm just making it up for no reason go ahead, if you don't believe me... so what. I don't care. I was sharing info that I've heard and warning of a possible issue that one might have. I appologize that I'm not willing to search through thousands of threads in the past year-year in a half just to prove a point.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I'm not looking for the "evidence" because I don't feel like wasting my time just to prove a point to you. If you want to believe that I'm just making it up for no reason go ahead, if you don't believe me... so what. I don't care. I was sharing info that I've heard and warning of a possible issue that one might have. I appologize that I'm not willing to search through thousands of threads in the past year-year in a half just to prove a point.
I have searched and haven't found it. I have also checked the board and 95% of the posts in the Equipment forum for the last year. I don't believe you are purposely lying, I think you are mistaken in your claim or the poster who told you so got confused.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad