Question on a few sticks

Senor Rational

Feb 11, 2004
St. Louis
Hello all,

My stick is on its last legs and Im looking at a few different ones, however, since Im ordering online I have a few questions about them.

Sticks Im looking at:

Powertrek
Sherwood
Warriors

I have used sherwood wood sticks and always liked them, never tried their composites. The momentum Im looking at is only 30 bucks (originaly listed around 120). Whats wrong with this stick to make it so cheap? Id really like to try a sherwood composite, what would you recomend?

Powertek is a company Ive never really heard of but their sticks are cheap. Anybody ever used one before?

Warriors I hear are great but arent very durable and I dont wanna buy a new stick every month. My endure has lasted me about four, five months now and Im probally going to get another few games out of it before it snaps. Anybody had a bad expirence with a warrior stick?

Thanks for all the help :)

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
cheap sticks are normally cheap for a reason. We call those price point sticks. Basically, they have more fiberglass in them and are more durable but weigh more and don't have the performance of a quality stick. Sticks like this would be the NBH one50, the synergy 250, 300 and 350, the warrior royale.

If you really want bang for your puck look into a slightly used or new tps redlite(any generation) very quality shafts(they're shaft and blade combos) and just find a blade that works well with the shaft. They just last a looong time, I've never heard of a redlite having a warranty replacement(although I'm sure it happens). Actually I'd look into a TPS stick, they're normally not looked at but are quite durable.

Another thing you might want to consider, since it looks like you're in the $100 price range you should look into pro stock. Basically pro stocks are cheaper because they don't have warranties, but be warned that sometimes the sticks graphics don't match the stick underneith the flashy paint.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Sherwoods arn't too bad for the money, only reason it's cheap right now most likely is to clear the Momentum out for the newer models that just came out.

I see quite a few Powerteks around my rink, teammate says they're pretty good for the money, no personal experience though.

You'll see lots of positive info about Warrior...no clue about the breakage issue cept for the Royale. But if you go higher than the Royale, like Dolomite, then you arn't paying for durability but performance and usually doesn't go hand in hand.

lotus

Jul 22, 2006
New York
In my mind Warriors are the best sticks on the market.

In one week for the New York rangers 3 players switched over from RBK sicKick, CCM Vector, or Easton Synergy to a warrior Dolomite. I was shocked when I noticed. That's got to say something.

I use a Synergy ST and it's really durable, I love it in every way. I've never shot a Dolomite but my oh my if I could get one in the blue letters I've been seeing, I would. The 75 Flex felt nice and whippy for me but im smaller than most. The grip is not too tacky, best grip I've ever felt.

People love these sticks, I'd give a dolomite some serious consideration. They're winning over the trust of more and more people very rapidly. There's still a slight bias that they're a Lacrosse first company but can't knock the stick until you try it.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
It's believed that warrior has gotten soo many players to switch over to them because their turnaround on pro sticks is VERY fast, within a week. Compare that to a few weeks with other companies.

Kuba broke at LEAST two(that I saw) warrior sticks on friday, btw.

Pangolin

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It seems that Warrior sticks are really hit or miss, people either love them and have nothing bad to say, or they hate them and would not go near one and would not recommend it to anyone
I'm looking into new sticks too and I'd at least be trying the Warrior and see why they're so (un)popular

frito

Jan 27, 2007
Cincinnati
You can also take a look at epuck.com. They typically try a lot of the stuff they sell. In the description box, look for "around the rink" at the bottom. This part of the write up is based on their own experiences.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
It seems that Warrior sticks are really hit or miss, people either love them and have nothing bad to say, or they hate them and would not go near one and would not recommend it to anyone
I'm looking into new sticks too and I'd at least be trying the Warrior and see why they're so (un)popular

Have you tried an inno 1100(aka dolomite) or a true-one(mac daddy)... or a vapor XXX(mac daddy) or a vapor XX(dolomite)?

Warrior also is hit or miss whether you get a repainted inno 1100, vapor XX(or XV shaft). I've even heard of a repainted vapor V!!!

I'm neither opposed nor pro warrior. But their technology is a few years old and they're selling sticks based on hype as opposed to quality. If it was based purely on quality they'd be looked more down upon because part of quality is consistancy and you can't be consistant when you paint three or more different sticks as a dolomite.

Pangolin

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Have you tried an inno 1100(aka dolomite) or a true-one(mac daddy)... or a vapor XXX(mac daddy) or a vapor XX(dolomite)?

Warrior also is hit or miss whether you get a repainted inno 1100, vapor XX(or XV shaft). I've even heard of a repainted vapor V!!!

I'm neither opposed nor pro warrior. But their technology is a few years old and they're selling sticks based on hype as opposed to quality. If it was based purely on quality they'd be looked more down upon because part of quality is consistancy and you can't be consistant when you paint three or more different sticks as a dolomite.

I haven't even touched a Warrior (or innovative) stick, all I've read are opinions since there aren't any of those sticks where I am
I'll be going back to BC in a bit and that's when I'll try the sticks, I'm currently just gathering as many opinions on sticks as I can so I could make a decent purchase when I do get there

Pangolin

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
before you buy pop out the end cap and look inside to see what you're using. The sticks aren't bad but in my opinion their buisness practices are.

yeah that's what I heard, but usually for pro stock sticks, I heard easton does that too.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
I have a Warrior AK27 shaft, but I don't use it much because I like the feel of my Easton Ultra-Lite better because my Warrior has the grip junk. I don't know why I bought it like that. However, I do use Warrior (well Innovative until I can't find them anymore, but it's the same thing) Blades and they are top quality... wouldn't use anything else.

RangerSteve

In one week for the New York rangers 3 players switched over from RBK sicKick, CCM Vector, or Easton Synergy to a warrior Dolomite. I was shocked when I noticed. That's got to say something.

I use a Synergy ST and it's really durable, I love it in every way. I've never shot a Dolomite but my oh my if I could get one in the blue letters I've been seeing, I would. The 75 Flex felt nice and whippy for me but im smaller than most. The grip is not too tacky, best grip I've ever felt.

People love these sticks, I'd give a dolomite some serious consideration. They're winning over the trust of more and more people very rapidly. There's still a slight bias that they're a Lacrosse first company but can't knock the stick until you try it.

inlinewarehouse.com says they're going to have the 2007 Dolomite OPS and Shaft ready for sale on April 15. I've got the new AK27(red one) and I can say it's a great shaft. I like my sticks a little bit stiffer so I can lay into them one I take one timers. However I wouldn't go as far to say that I will dismiss Easton shafts just because of the Warrior brand. I've used those since I was about 6 years old.

ClicheGuevara

Mar 29, 2004
San Jose, CA
before you buy pop out the end cap and look inside to see what you're using. The sticks aren't bad but in my opinion their buisness practices are.
what should you see under the cap? ive also seen Warrior sticks with their logo on top of the cap, does that mean anything?

MacBeatsPang

Oct 25, 2006
I've been using a Dolomite 2-piece for 4 months and it is holding up great. I used to use a Mission L-2 and broke a blade about every 2-3 weeks. The Dolomite has better balance and feel and is far more durable. I highly recommend it. Can't compare it to Synergies as I've never used them. Also no experience with Sherwood composites or the other brand you're considering. Good luck!

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I've been using a Dolomite 2-piece for 4 months and it is holding up great. I used to use a Mission L-2 and broke a blade about every 2-3 weeks. The Dolomite has better balance and feel and is far more durable. I highly recommend it. Can't compare it to Synergies as I've never used them. Also no experience with Sherwood composites or the other brand you're considering. Good luck!

Does depend on what blades your using. The L-2 does generally get a positive review though.

Wanted to add to the Powertek though...a teammate bought a new one and I checked it out last night. It was surprisingly light and balanced. He said he got the mid-range model, orange colored, and it was only $80. Didn't shoot with it though so I can't comment on feel, but would seem like something to try especially for the money.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
yeah that's what I heard, but usually for pro stock sticks, I heard easton does that too.

I don't think there is one company that hasn't given certain graphics that don't represent the real stick under the graphic, when it comes to pro stock. Warrior is the only one that I've ever heard of that will do if for retail sticks. Most likely those times are over as they've probably run out or pretty low on leftover inno stock but I still don't approve of the buisness practice... Heck, I never liked new balance anyway. ;)

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I haven't seen them do it at all for their retail sticks, just Pro "overruns" which are fairly easy to spot.

joeskow

Nov 25, 2005
New Jersey, USA
I can't believe nobody mentioned the Sher-Wood RM19 OPS. Excellent stick, well balanced, light weight (420g) not to mention custom colors, flex, grip, length and blade pattern. I'm waiting on my order (minimum of 3 per order).

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
There were reports about it when the sticks first made an appearance. The issue is probably over by now but that's not the point.
What reports were those? I'd love to have seen these reports because I hadn't heard of a single one until the Pro Overrun's became widely available and think some people may be mis-informed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad