Question: NCAA and QMJHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
First off, I am not attempting to start any kind of flame war. As I don't see much hockey from either league, I was wondering which is considered the more physical league? Opinions from those who see both are particularly welcomed.

Edit: Mods, I asked the question here as I didn't want to put it in either league's boards. Feel free to move, if it's in the wrong place.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
NCAA is more physical for the most part.

There is more stick work in the NCAA as well...i attribute that to the full shield. Like Midget hockey, players are more carless with the stick because there is a faceshield protecting everyone.

Some might disagree with me on the 2nd part.

Reilly311

La-La-Laprise said:
NCAA is more physical for the most part.

There is more stick work in the NCAA as well...i attribute that to the full shield. Like Midget hockey, players are more carless with the stick because there is a faceshield protecting everyone.

Some might disagree with me on the 2nd part.

I disagree. Regardless of the full cage, refs should still be calling high sticking.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Actually the NCAA is taking a page out of the NHL book this season, which is trying to cut down (or rather clamp down) on obstruction penalties like the ones that X-Sharkie mentioned. Will it work? I hope so. For how long, I couldn't tell you because I don't know. In the two games I saw last weekend (Maine/UND & Minnesota/Denver), the refs were calling anything and everything. If you saw one or both games and noticed the lack of flow to the game, that's why.

ttnorm

Feb 21, 2003
Connecticut
Visit site
True OC, but eliminating the clutching and grabbing isn't a strong connection to the question of physical play. Hard nosed physical play in hockey is perfectly legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad