Question: How to find accurate average ticket prices.

Elimanator

The Future
Oct 6, 2013
Middle of the ocean
Hey guys,

I'm doing a report in my data management class comparing team success to ticket price over the last decade. Our group is doing the big 4 North American leagues, and have obviously had no trouble rating team success. (winning percentage for MLB, NBA, NFL, points percentage for NHL) But when it comes to getting ticket prices it's very tough.

I have gathered some information from Statista, but unless you pay for a membership, which is quite expensive considering I won't really need the information after this, it's really scattered and hard to search. I've gathered some information from tickpick and various other secondary resellers (ie. vividseats) but these are secondary market tickets and not primary ticket prices. Also, some data is weighted some is not. For example, Forbes does not weight they're data (they include luxury boxes and such) but statista does. So it skews my point of comparing team success as these different measurements contribute to pretty extreme differences in price. I have also searched blogs but its very hit and miss with that. Essentially, its hard to find consistent data year over year for each league.

So, if any of you know a good resource to find (especially NHL - my part of the project) data on average ticket prices that would be much appreciated. I'll check this thread often.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad