Question from a Leafs fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

torleaffan

May 5, 2014
As a Leafs fan was disgusted when you guys stole Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton from us due to a horrible miscalculation by Burke..How do you feel now about the Seguin trade..Is there more to this story than is being written or is it a miscalculation by Chiarelli?

Kranium

Mar 9, 2014
Arvika, Sweden
As a Leafs fan was disgusted when you guys stole Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton from us due to a horrible miscalculation by Burke..How do you feel now about the Seguin trade..Is there more to this story than is being written or is it a miscalculation by Chiarelli?

He simply did not fit the system and we are stocked at center. I wish we could have kept him...i think that trading for a "proven" winger in eriksson was a huge miscalculation by chia.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011

Question for u...
How dose it feel to be a laughing stock and a disgrace even after so many GMs? Was your decision to be a Leaf fan a miscalculation by you?

Poor timing to poke this Bear.!.!.!

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Question for u...
How dose it feel to be a laughing stock and a disgrace even after so many GMs? Was your decision to be a Leaf fan a miscalculation by you?

Poor timing to poke this Bear.!.!.!

Unfair response. I hate this type of response when I visit other team forums.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
There's more to the story being written.

Here's how I see it (and I was going to talk about this on our round table discussion radio thing so if that still happens im trademarking my comments now :laugh:)

There are four broad possible outcomes for the Bruins and stars collectively, and the Bruins have more to lose and more to prove;

Dallas wins;Boston wins - Dallas can win by either Tyler Seguin increasing their fan base and attracting more free agents there through his play and or the stars eventually winning a cup with seguin as an important part

Boston wins by winning a cup with one of Reilly Smith, Loui Eriksson, or Joe Morrow playing a part in a cup win.

Which one do you think would be harder to achieve?

Dallas loses; Tyler seguin never helps them win a cup, and he never really attracts more to the market and eventually heads to another team

Boston loses; never wins a cup with eriksson/smith/morrow in the fold (anyone of the three but preferably all)

Again, which one is more likely?

For Boston fans it shouldn't be about how successful seguin is, it should be about whether or not Boston wins a cup with the pieces from the trade

I like seguin as a player, i advocated for him a lot here, but I still question if he'll ever become that guy that can help you win a cup. And it's almost like his regular season totals make it worse because he could very easily put up 90-100 points the rest of his career but fall down to .5-.6PPG in the playoffs every year with the Stars falling off at round 1 or 2.

It's hard not to lament seguin being gone especially with the current state and a rebuild on the horizon, but for me personally it's not so much losing seguin as it is what we got back

The return should have been better scouted and should have included a #1 pick

If the chia asked and the Stars just refused, which is highly possible, I would have preferred he kept seguin on and gave him another year.

They convinced themselves it was ok to sell low on seguin, and the poor management is smack in the middle of our current troubles

In a way I do have to feel for Pete...he tried to roll the dice and compile an awesome team to go for another cup run right after they got close against the Hawks, and it didn't work out, but it still irks me he did all that, signed Iginla for one year...and did essentially nothing at the deadline

I'm at a bit of a loss personally as a fan...im hoping they can pull off a 2010 type playoffs and surprise (and obviously not blow a 3-0 lead while they're at it :laugh:) but each game I feel more and more like the core needs to be picked at and upper management needs to move on

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Unfair response. I hate this type of response when I visit other team forums.

Unfair?
Re read that question and remember we are almost out of a playoff spot one of our top prospects just got lit up last night. We are in the midst of a terrible losing streak and your gonna get angry with me for not letting a Leafs fan troll our HF?

I was being nice....

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Unfair?
Re read that question and remember we are almost out of a playoff spot one of our top prospects just got lit up last night. We are in the midst of a terrible losing streak and your gonna get angry with me for not letting a Leafs fan troll our HF?

I was being nice....

How sensitive are you? That's trolling? Pisses me off when I try to get info off another board and the attacks immediately start. It's stupid,it's hockey,not life and death.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
How sensitive are you? That's trolling? Pisses me off when I try to get info off another board and the attacks immediately start. It's stupid,it's hockey,not life and death.

Pretty sensitive obviously.
If u can't tell that's a troll then that's your issue. Wasn't a good question at all either.
Yea that trade looks pretty s__tty right now, not hard to tell when we are not winning hockey games.
I've had no troubles on other boards when wanting info maybe the two of you need to learn how to write something that dosent have a negative spin on it at the WORST possible time.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Unfair?

I was being nice....

Asking for info and opinion about your team is trolling?

The guy said nothing negative at all.

You were being something, but it wasn't nice.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Pretty sensitive obviously.
If u can't tell that's a troll then that's your issue. Wasn't a good question at all either.
Yea that trade looks pretty s__tty right now, not hard to tell when we are not winning hockey games.
I've had no troubles on other boards when wanting info maybe the two of you need to learn how to write something that dosent have a negative spin on it at the WORST possible time.

Don't bother taking into account that Seguin ain't helping Dallas right now either or that Dallas is still the pretender it was prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad