Question for goalies

CanadianGoalie006

Mar 16, 2011
Calgary, AB
I use an Itech 2500 mask, it is the same as the Bauer 2500 mask in every way and if you know the 2500 then you know that it comes with the cat eye mask with about 12 extra bars in the cage. The extra bars are extremely annoying I know that the cat eye masks in the NHL are non-certified but I'd like to change to one anyways, what I'd like to know is this: Will the cat-eye replacement cage from the other Bauer models fit on my mask, and if none of them will what are my other options, aside from switching masks if I can avoid it.

Thanks for any insight you can offer.

mbeam

Jun 8, 2008
the screws will not line up correctly with the mask

Giant-Cordless-Power-Drill-prop.jpg

Make them line up.

willyjagr

Nov 27, 2004
edmonton
the screws will not line up correctly with the mask

Actually I believe the other Bauer/Itech cat eye will match up with the certified one.(Has to be the 961/9601 but will be tight) But as you're from calgary the biggest problem will be finding a cats eye cage to begin with. As health canada has banned them completely so mask companies aren't allowed to sell them to retailers, so all you'll find is what is still left over. Now if you can find a US retailer that will sell you the cage as Bauer has a policy that canadian retailers can't sell to american addresses and vice versa, that would be your only other choice. Any other cages you will most likely have to drill new holes. You could always just go with the 2500 approved cage as that would work, just a warning though the 2500/1200 is being phased out if you go this route.(Being replaced by NM5 AND NM3)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->