Question for Flames fans

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Watched the Flames game last night and picking up on a Flames fan post on another thread I wanted to get your opinions on whether Morrissey reminds Flames fans "style wise" of a Gio-Brodie type? I assume allot of you watched the WJC and might have had a chance to see Morrissey play and that is why I am asking now.

I realize Gio is having a Norris level season so I am not saying that is where Josh will end up but when I was watching both Brodie and Gio play last night there size, skating, IQ, and style of puck moving seemed closest to Morrissey's that I have seen.

Mods feel free to move this thread :laugh:

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
I went to school with Josh, JSYN, just to get this out of the way.

Anyhow, Josh reminds me a lot of Brodie with his play. Very hard shot, good skater, similar size, and a very good puck-handler.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Watched the Flames game last night and picking up on a Flames fan post on another thread I wanted to get your opinions on whether Morrissey reminds Flames fans "style wise" of a Gio-Brodie type? I assume allot of you watched the WJC and might have had a chance to see Morrissey play and that is why I am asking now.

I realize Gio is having a Norris level season so I am not saying that is where Josh will end up but when I was watching both Brodie and Gio play last night there size, skating, IQ, and style of puck moving seemed closest to Morrissey's that I have seen.

Mods feel free to move this thread :laugh:

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

It's tough to see similarities as Brodie and Gio weren't Brodie/Gio as prospects.
Josh has always looked good and it paid off in being picked 1st round rather than 4th and "maybe this will be a decent echl signing"

I love Morrisey and you see a lot of guys now with his wheels develop the defensive game that takes them to the top pairing (Pietro/Brodie over the last 2 years) but right now I'd compare him to more offensive players like Rielly in TO

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
It looks like Josh can skate like Brodie, and get get as physical as Gio can. I see a little bit of both, but nothing really identical.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I see a lot of Letang in him personally. I'm one of the ones that also thinks Letang is NOT a train wreck defensively either. I've seen Letang about 7 times this year, he's easily the best all around dman on the Pens. To me, that's his upside.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
I see a lot of Letang in him personally. I'm one of the ones that also thinks Letang is NOT a train wreck defensively either. I've seen Letang about 7 times this year, he's easily the best all around dman on the Pens. To me, that's his upside.

That's a great comparison

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Thanks very much, some great feedback and points by all! :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad