Question for Caps fans

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yeah well evaluation is part of a successful strategy. A good interview and saying the right things about balanced systems in the media are designed to sell a candidate and get hopes up. It's what happens afterward that matters -- as does whether or not you're willing to make reasonable changes when something isn't working.

two things that I really wanted. scott hannan on defense and dale hunter as the coach. hannan was a failure. of hunter I never expected nor desired a totally passive way of playing hockey.

I know...I don't know anything about hockey, but I the idea that changing the gm proves the owner wants to win and is enough to satisfy just doesn't convince me of anything.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Except it's nothing like that. Die-hard Caps fans? Does that even exist? You guys give up on this team when they're down a goal in the first period in October. "Gawd seesons over **** mcfee ovechkinz a jokez lolz".

Some of you suck as fans on this board. Face it, we're that bandwagon team that people hop on when we win, and no one gives two ***** when we're losing.

As far as how they make me feel? I still have hope in this team. Our roster isn't what it was a few season aho, and I ****ing HATE Mojo. But we're still a playoff team, and we still fight tooth and nail for points. I think with Kuznetzov playing a whole season next year, and a few moves in the off season, we can jump back up to where we were.

I'm split on McPhee. You're not going to find someone that makes ballsier moves that actually work out. Sure he's made mistakes, but he's done some great things too. Everyone likes to just blame anyone who hasn't been blamed yet. Blame the players. Blame the ones who don't show up. I don't see why he should be out of a job, but there's definitely a few things he needs to fix. And those of you talking about a rebuild? Seriously? Look at the core we have, we on earth would we ever just sell all of that? The defense is finally coming into it's own, our goaltending is above average, we just need depth. Like every other ****ing team in sports.

Many of us have ceased to post because our posts are like an old-time record album that is skipping... playing the same line over and over, with no one to nudge the needle so it can continue.

How many 5 year plans are we on as of now? After the 2nd one failed, Cap's management (which is like saying 'jumbo shrimp') were forced to quit using that term.

We've had so many promises made, few kept, and NEVER learn from our mistakes.

Given this, your claim that it's all the fan's fault is one of the best examples of having smoke blown up yer arse that I've ever seen or heard from someome who claims to be a Cap's fan.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
old-time record album skipping?

Number nine
Number nine
Number nine
turn me on dead man

We keep watching, just to see if it ends before we do

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Ward had one anomaly in Nashville where he scored 7 goals. He averages 1 goal per SERIES all other years of his career.

If we're relying on him to carry the load when the opposition once again shuts down the Ovechkin line, we're in for disappointment. And Troy Brouwer has a sparkling 7G in 64GP in the playoffs.
Granted, I have an irrational love of #42, but you have to consider overall circumstances regarding playoff production the last 2 seasons overall. Goals have been hard to come by for everyone, but Ward is 4th overall in points from forwards the last two playoffs. Only two points behind both Ovechkin and Backstrom.

With the other players on the team, he shouldn't have to be relied upon to shoulder any scoring load, but he's produced as well as just about anyone else. It's even crazier to think that he's done it with signficantly fewer minutes than those above him.

Edit: Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Last edited:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Well I think we can all agree that it can really suck being a fan of this team.

It doesn't seem to matter who the owner is, who the GM is, who the players are...the story does seem to remain the same.

Brutal loss last night. I've watched enough to know that the season isn't over and a couple games can change everything around but the more I see the more I believe this is due to coaching.

We still haven't recovered from the departure of BB.

TX is right. Change isn't always a good thing. I think all of us wanted Dale to coach. The Hannan trade was perfect on paper. Both were duds or at best mediocre.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $865.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $209.00