Question - Call up player

boltsy

Jun 22, 2017
I wanted to start this Franchise Mode (NHL 18) with the Philadelphia Flyers, and in pre-season I want to test out some 'in the system' guys. Their goalie Carter Hart has some great potential, so I wanted to make a roster move to make him join the NHL team in pre-season. But for some reason he doesn't appear in the 'roster moves' section? I can't play him? Same thing for some other players who are playing in the CHL. He's not an unsigned prospect, plus there are more players that i CAN move to my NHL team who are also playing in the CHL. Anybody who can make this clear? I'm an European, took years and years to understand the North American system, maybe another rule thing here that I'm not yet aware of?

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
I wanted to start this Franchise Mode (NHL 18) with the Philadelphia Flyers, and in pre-season I want to test out some 'in the system' guys. Their goalie Carter Hart has some great potential, so I wanted to make a roster move to make him join the NHL team in pre-season. But for some reason he doesn't appear in the 'roster moves' section? I can't play him? Same thing for some other players who are playing in the CHL. He's not an unsigned prospect, plus there are more players that i CAN move to my NHL team who are also playing in the CHL. Anybody who can make this clear? I'm an European, took years and years to understand the North American system, maybe another rule thing here that I'm not yet aware of?
If he doesn't appear as an option under roster moves, EA probably coded him (possibly all CHL goalies?) to not be eligible. I don't think it's an actual NHL-CHL transfer agreement issue.

ToppsSmith

Oct 6, 2013
If they start the season in the CHL then you can’t get them on your roster until next season

boltsy

Jun 22, 2017
It's pre-season. If I put Nolan Patrick back to junior, I can call him up again. I can even call up some players (except unsigned, that seems logical to me) from the CHL, but just some specific players not. I'm trying to find the reason behind that but so far it seems like a bug to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad