Question about Zherdev

• Thread starter A Good Flying Bird*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

A Good Flying Bird*

I read recently that Columbus was trying to sign him and bring him over for this season.
Isn't it too late to bring over Europeans?
Or can Columbus pay his Russian team to get around the contract deadline?

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
Newsguyone said:
I read recently that Columbus was trying to sign him and bring him over for this season.
Isn't it too late to bring over Europeans?
Or can Columbus pay his Russian team to get around the contract deadline?

He signed some time ago. And the transfer fee has been paid, but CSKA doesnt want him to come over, and since the CBJ have a number of other prospects on the CSKA team, they dont want to push the issue.

Tikhonov could still force Zherdev into the military...

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
Ejh18 said:
He signed some time ago. And the transfer fee has been paid, but CSKA doesnt want him to come over, and since the CBJ have a number of other prospects on the CSKA team, they dont want to push the issue.

Tikhonov could still force Zherdev into the military...

He hasn't been playing well as of late and was demoted to the 4th line.Maybe he is doing this intentionally to be released from CSKA.

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
Could it just be that he needs to complete his military obligations? I vaguely remember that Svitov and Chistov had some military obligation issues. I think Mikko Koivu is not coming over for similar reasons. Both Russia and Finland have mandatory military service. In Russia you can fulfill it just playing for a military owned team. In Finland players can do community service over summer (or several summers?) to count towards military obligations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->