Question about Tipsport Arena tickets

turk96

Jun 9, 2013
Indiana
Hi, I would appreciate if someone might be able to shed some light on this for me. I plan to attend both a Sparta Prague game (probably the Slavia game on March 2) and a Lev game (vs. Minsk on Feb. 28) and I was looking at the tickets at Tipsport Arena. What I don't understand is that the most expensive tickets seem to be at the 200 levels and as the seats get closer to the ice, the tickets get cheaper. This is exactly the opposite of what I have always known. The map of the arena seems to confirm this. Some of the seats are standing only, but they are clearly marked. But what seem to be the "on the glass seats" on the sides of the ice surface are the cheapest. Are these less comfortable seats? Are they not in the fan zones? I don't understand this pricing structure and was wondering if anyone could clear that up before I decide which seats to get.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 11, 2013
QC
arenazevnitr.jpg

There's about 5ft of space between the first row and the glass, not sure how much that affects the view but it's the only reason I can think of.

I definetly recommend going to the Sparta Praha @ Slavia Praha on March 2nd.(http://www.sazkaticket.cz/Ticket/application.aspx?docid=19073091&akceid=1520642)

Last edited:

turk96

Jun 9, 2013
Indiana
Five feet between the first row and the glass would make a big difference. Thanks for the picture. In the US, it's always better to be in the front row to be on the glass. But yeah, I am definitely planning to hit the Spartak/Slavia game if at all possible, despite the "premium game" surcharge. Amazing to me that the "premium game" costs about $20. Blackhawks tickets cost me a few hundred face if I can get them, for bad seats.

One other question, why do Sparta and Lev tend to always play at home on the same day if they share an arena? I know sometimes one or the other plays in the O2. Is that always the case, or is one afternoon, other evening? On 3/2 Lev plays Medviskak, which I would like to see as well as the Sparta/Slavia game, but I can't find the times in any schedule.

Thanks for the response.

Mar 11, 2013
QC
Five feet between the first row and the glass would make a big difference. Thanks for the picture. In the US, it's always better to be in the front row to be on the glass. But yeah, I am definitely planning to hit the Spartak/Slavia game if at all possible, despite the "premium game" surcharge. Amazing to me that the "premium game" costs about $20. Blackhawks tickets cost me a few hundred face if I can get them, for bad seats.

One other question, why do Sparta and Lev tend to always play at home on the same day if they share an arena? I know sometimes one or the other plays in the O2. Is that always the case, or is one afternoon, other evening? On 3/2 Lev plays Medviskak, which I would like to see as well as the Sparta/Slavia game, but I can't find the times in any schedule.

Thanks for the response.
Sparta @ Slavia 3/2 3PM (O2 Arena) and Medvescak @ Lev 3/2 (Tipsport Arena).
It's scheduled so they never play at the same arena on the same day.

turk96

Jun 9, 2013
Indiana
Ok, thanks for the info. Surprised they don't stagger that somehow. Surprised both teams play at the same time. But I guess Sparta/Slavia would be the one to be at over Lev/Medvescak. Although, doesn't the Czech Extraliga list that game as Sparta as the home team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad