Question about the Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

se7en*

OilerFan4Life said:
Personally Im proud that we are a blue collar town. And just thinking it through, the 36/37 owners proves that in fact there are several really wealthy people in town.

Thats true, which also means we're attractive and way in better shape.

Ok ok seriously, is there another market out there that can get as many average Joe season tik buyers, like a market similiar to ours? I feel Calgary is not a valid comparison because I heard the majority of their buyers are companies.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Splatman Phanutier said:
Yup they sure do

Look up each owner and their history:
http://calgaryflames.com/team/owners.html

I've heard they're nice guys, but schrewd businessman.

The one thing I always wanted to ask Flamer fan is, Why doesnt your ownership open the wallet a wee bit more? Sounds like a stupid question, but we know they got the money. Plus your fans got the money too, and im sure no Calgarian is gonna say I wont spend a little more for a contending/winning team.

se7en*

OilerFan4Life said:
The one thing I always wanted to ask Flamer fan is, Why doesnt your ownership open the wallet a wee bit more? Sounds like a stupid question, but we know they got the money. Plus your fans got the money too, and im sure no Calgarian is gonna say I wont spend a little more for a contending/winning team.

I think you could ask Edmontonians the same thing. It's not like government jobs pay peanuts.

Phanuthier*

Hootchie Cootchie said:
Ok ok seriously, is there another market out there that can get as many average Joe season tik buyers, like a market similiar to ours? I feel Calgary is not a valid comparison because I heard the majority of their buyers are companies.
Well that was the case for the 7 years anyways. Coporate came in huge during that drought, especially in the "Save our Flames' campaign.

While Calgary gets tons of help from the rich corporations, the downfall is the amount of population movement in the city. WIth the business the way it is in Calgary, people go in and out so much that it takes away from the amount of "hardcore" fans.

As for other teams... easy. Leafs and Habs.

Phanuthier*

OilerFan4Life said:
Ownership... because they are businessman too. It's not like they're penny pinching, they are losing a couple ten million a year. If you were an owner, would you sacrifice, say, 10% of your income in loses? I know if I were them, I wouldn't be wiping my ass with 100$ bills either.

Fans... see my previous post on population movement. With the people moving in and out, and their 7 year drought, its hard to grow attached to a team. However, I think 2004 made leaps and bounds for uniting the city and the Flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->