Question about shooting pucks

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by Iplayhockehh, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Iplayhockehh

Iplayhockehh Registered User

Hey guys, I have a question about shooting pucks.
    First of all, my problem is that when I shoot pucks outside I can only manage 200-250 shots (finding pucks is a pain) but the thing about shooting outside is that I can shoot from farther away and aim for the top corners of my net. However, when I shoot inside my garage I can manage 500-1000 shots. But when I shoot pucks in my garage im not that far away from my net so im not really focusing on accuracy. Anyways, my question is would shooting 200-300 pucks focusing on accuracy be better than shooting 500-1000 pucks focusing on mainly repetition and muscle memory of technique?
    Thanks guys :)

2. I would use the indoor shooting as more of improving my wristshot or shooting up close. That would help with some areas of accuracy. The outside I would consider improving my slapper. If you don't like picking up pucks can you go to a camping place and get nets to keep the puck in a specific area? In California there's not always a place to shoot all time long. That's my $.02. I hope I can help you

3. Iplayhockehh

Iplayhockehh Registered User

Is there a reason why I should practice my slapshot outdoors and my wrist shot indoors?

4. mbeam

mbeam Registered User

I think because he figured you had more distance to shoot outdoors.

5. pass the bisk

pass the bisk Registered User

Hockey
    Do both. Build strength and better technique by shooting a ton of pucks then work on the accuracy