Question about shooting pucks

Iplayhockehh

Aug 20, 2010
Surrey
Hey guys, I have a question about shooting pucks.
First of all, my problem is that when I shoot pucks outside I can only manage 200-250 shots (finding pucks is a pain) but the thing about shooting outside is that I can shoot from farther away and aim for the top corners of my net. However, when I shoot inside my garage I can manage 500-1000 shots. But when I shoot pucks in my garage im not that far away from my net so im not really focusing on accuracy. Anyways, my question is would shooting 200-300 pucks focusing on accuracy be better than shooting 500-1000 pucks focusing on mainly repetition and muscle memory of technique?
Thanks guys :)

Mhoogasian94123

I would use the indoor shooting as more of improving my wristshot or shooting up close. That would help with some areas of accuracy. The outside I would consider improving my slapper. If you don't like picking up pucks can you go to a camping place and get nets to keep the puck in a specific area? In California there's not always a place to shoot all time long. That's my $.02. I hope I can help you

Iplayhockehh

Aug 20, 2010
Surrey
I would use the indoor shooting as more of improving my wristshot or shooting up close. That would help with some areas of accuracy. The outside I would consider improving my slapper. If you don't like picking up pucks can you go to a camping place and get nets to keep the puck in a specific area? In California there's not always a place to shoot all time long. That's my $.02. I hope I can help you

Is there a reason why I should practice my slapshot outdoors and my wrist shot indoors?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad