Question about players on ELC and 9 Games

dream43

Nov 19, 2013
Was just wondering if a player with an ELC is on the roster for the entire year but plays less than the 10 games, is a year still took of the ELC? Also what if the player was hurt the entire year and played only 9 games and nothing in playoffs, is a year still taken off? Any help appreciated Thanks.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Was just wondering if a player with an ELC is on the roster for the entire year but plays less than the 10 games, is a year still took of the ELC? Also what if the player was hurt the entire year and played only 9 games and nothing in playoffs, is a year still taken off? Any help appreciated Thanks.

I do not know the answer to this question but I do know that it would be incredibly stupid to keep a healthy young prospect on the sidelines for all but 9 hockey games in a calendar year. If they are 20 years old and AHL eligible, they should be playing there since they would be waiver exempt. If they are teenagers from CHL that are not AHL eligible, they should be playing just about every night in the NHL or sent back to their Juniors teams.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
A junior-aged player has to play 10 games to burn a year of their ELC.

If a player is on the roster (not necessarily playing) for more than 40 games, he burns a year towards UFA. (This one I'm not 100% sure on)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's not cumulative, right? Like if the player gets 9 games when he's 18 can he get 9 games the next year at 19?

If a player is on the roster (not necessarily playing) for more than 40 games, he burns a year towards UFA. (This one I'm not 100% sure on)

That's correct, seems teams are getting more concerned about that one than the 9 game trial.

Shredator

Oct 6, 2009
Edmonton
It's not cumulative, right? Like if the player gets 9 games when he's 18 can he get 9 games the next year

2008 STL played Alex Pietrangelo 8 games then sent him down to the OHL
2009 STL played Alex Pietrangelo 9 games then sent him down to the OHL.
2010 Alex Pietrangelo became a permanent member.

So didnt burn a year off his ELC until 2010.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So in theory a player could burn a UFA year without burning an ELC year. That would be strange. Stupid too, keeping an 18 or 19 year old on the roster for 40 games while only playing him 9. Post ELC only having 3 RFA years left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad