Question about last two draft classes!

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
The knock on him has been his skating. Has this improved? I think that it will be what makes or breaks him in the NHL.

Like I said, I haven't seen him play so I couldn't tell you. But from what I've read, it is something he is working hard on and that has shown improvement so far. I've also seen a couple clips from this year where his skating looked better than what I'd read about him at draft time. So, hopefully yes.

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
I'll go out on a limb here and say Keith Yandle...

one year out of juniors he sees the NHL for 7 games and posts 2 assists and is posting decent totals in the AHL besides the +/- all for a guy who had one year of junior....

While I'm not entirely sure he would be worth a 1st round pick in the 2005 draft if it were to be redone right now I'm sure he'd be a high 2nd for sure....the guy oozes potential and could be a regular in Phoenix by as early as next year....apparently Gretz loves the kid....not bad for 105th overall....

needs to work on his defensive game a bit although I will point out his fantastic +/- with Moncton last year...

mark my words...in 2-3 years from now...if we have this discussion again Yandle will definitely be worth a 1st round pick in the 2005 redraft....

The Exiled One

Sep 1, 2006
State of Hockey
www.dahuskies.com
The Flyers' 2nd round pick Andreas Nodl has a good change of being picked ROTY in the WCHA over Erik Johnson, Kyle Okposo, David Fischer and potential first rounder Billy Sweatt. He's also on pace to finish with more points that Jonathan Toews, Blake Wheeler, Jack Skille, and T.J. Oshie. Does that count for anything?

By the way, he's on pace to match fellow Austrian Thomas Vanek's freshman point totals. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad