Jun 20, 2005
CT
Cody Franson
Perrtu Lindgren
Vlasic
Stastny
Latendresse
Trukhno

those guys might, off the top of my head for the 2005 draft.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
I can't comment for all teams for 2006 but for the Red Wings I truely think Emmerton and Mursak would go between 20-30 overall if the draft was to take place tomorow.

As for the 2005, guys like Stastny are Latendresse are very good picks that would go in the 1st round for sure.

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
For 2005:

Anton Stralman (Toronto, 7th round)
Patric Hornqvist (Nashville, 7th round)
Nathan Davis (Chicago, 4th round)

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
1st round ---:biglaugh: no way

Although I am not cheering for a team that hasn't won a Cup since the Beatles recorded Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, I think according to what I read that Stralman has the upside of a first rounder in 2005. He is apparently ranked no.2 between Lidstrom and Kronwall as a swedish defensive prospect. Already one of the best D in the SEL league despite his age.

fr4ed2384

Jul 30, 2005
Although I am not cheering for a team that hasn't won a Cup since the Beatles recorded Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, I think according to what I read that Stralman has the upside of a first rounder in 2005. He is apparently ranked no.2 between Lidstrom and Kronwall as a swedish defensive prospect. Already one of the best D in the SEL league despite his age.

And what have read and heard is --he is:
a 6' 180# slow Dman who is not physical and has done well in the 2nd div in the SEL. even at HF he is considered at best a 3-4 dman .. that is not a 1st rd draft pick -- is it the sme person?

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
a 6' 180# slow Dman who is not physical and has done well in the 2nd div in the SEL. even at HF he is considered at best a 3-4 dman .. that is not a 1st rd draft pick -- is it the sme person?
what you have to realize is that very many HF player profiles do not get updated very often, especially the lesser known prospects. Right now, Stralman leads the SEL in ice time I believe. Not division 2, the SEL. I have also seen the stuff Kaftka said around other parts of the boards aswell.

LeafDangler

Apr 25, 2006

This year he has been touted by many as the best defenceman on the best team in the first division of the SEL. He has drawn comparisons to Lidstrom but I won't go that far. Any player thats draws comparisons to Lidstrom has 1st round potential in my books.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site

He is currently ranking 15th in points for defensman in the Elitserien SEL league. No.1 of his team (Timrå).

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
I haven't seen him play, but Jesse Joensuu, in addition to being huge, has stats that are on pace to be on par or better than every other Finnish first rounder over the past several years in the season following their draft. This includes guys like Tukonen, Nokelainen and Ruutu.

LeafDangler

Apr 25, 2006
I haven't seen him play, but Jesse Joensuu, in addition to being huge, has stats that are on pace to be on par or better than every other Finnish first rounder over the past several years in the season following their draft. This includes guys like Tukonen, Nokelainen and Ruutu.

The knock on him has been his skating. Has this improved? I think that it will be what makes or breaks him in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad