Question about keeping iPod connected to car

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
So I have an old 160gb ipod that I figure I'll just keep in my new Challenger since I don't really use it anymore. Can I just keep it connected via the usb connection? It seems like it doesn't recognize it unless I unplug it and plug it back in. Also, when I do get it connected and choose browse, it just stays at the "please wait" screen. How long does it take to load a the ipod library?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
That's going to be brand (or maybe even vehicle) specific as to how their entertainment system reads inputs--whether it checks for them on start or if it needs a prompt like plugging it in. Does your car have a built in HD for media? Maybe just download to that and use the ipod as a backup in case the car's library goes wonky?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
That's going to be brand (or maybe even vehicle) specific as to how their entertainment system reads inputs--whether it checks for them on start or if it needs a prompt like plugging it in. Does your car have a built in HD for media? Maybe just download to that and use the ipod as a backup in case the car's library goes wonky?
No HDD for media. I'll try to find something in the owners manual.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad