Question about Jagr salary...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goalie Terrorizer

Mar 6, 2002
Québec cty
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I was on TSN's website when I saw that Jaromir Jagr's salary for this year is 8,42 mil. I don't understand cause the maximum salary that can be allowed to a player is supposed to be 7,8 mil/year (20% of 39 mil). Can anyone explain me that ? Did they made an exception because it is the first year of the new CBA and they decided to honor th 24 % rollback even if it was superior the the maximum salary ?

Also, I would like to know what will happen if a player signed for 7 mil/year for mutliple years and that the cap falls to let's say 34 mil because of poor league revenues brigning the maximum salary to 6,8 mil (20% of 34 mil) ? Is the salary of the player lowered ?

Thanks a lot in advance

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
When Jagr was traded to New York, from Washington, part of the agreement stipulated that Washington would pay half of his contract for the remainder of its term. When the new CBA was put together this clause in the trade was honoured.

Therefore New York is responsible for half of his salary and Washington is responsible for half of his salary; but Jagr is still paid the full amount of his rolled back salary: $8.42 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad