Status
Not open for further replies.

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com
Yureeka47 said:
Are they only playing because they're hosting? They're gonna get smoked big time.

Yes, host country automatically gets in. There's only 5-6k registered players in Italy, all in the northern part of the country. France would kick their ***...that's bad.

RJ8812*

Yureeka47 said:
I wonder if teams are gonna go easy on them

people asked the same thing about sweden when they played belarus, and we all know the end result....

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yureeka47 said:
Are they only playing because they're hosting? They're gonna get smoked big time.

Yes.

Can someone tell me this: How did Germany and France get relegated in the WC's? Did their teams just not show up?

As for Italy, they just want to stay within 5 or 6 goals of some of these teams.

Ste'

May 21, 2004
Lenno -Lake Como-
Yes Italy playing because is the host country. No doubt the "Blue team" hasn't any possibility regarding to the other teams. But take into consideration Italy gained last season the 2006 IIHF World Championship in Riga with the top teams, winning the World Championship Div I in Nederland.

member 30781

Everyone should know better, Italians can't play hockey. Leave it to the Canadiens, Russians, and Swedes.

Italians :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: It must be some sort of joke.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Goaltending will be vital, Goulet has a daunting task ahead but you know they will be ready. They are at home so they will probably be in a game or two. If they can win one all the better. Who will start, will it be Muzzatti?

Transported Upstater

FoppaMan21 said:
Everyone should know better, Italians can't play hockey. Leave it to the Canadiens, Russians, and Swedes.

Italians :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: It must be some sort of joke.

I agree, they can't play hockey.

But don't step any farther with your statement... :madfire: ;)

Transported Upstater

If the tournament involves goal differential, no one will go easy on the Italians.

Yureeka47*

_Flyers_ said:
people asked the same thing about sweden when they played belarus, and we all know the end result....

but Belarus would crush Italy lol

Transported Upstater

Yureeka47 said:
but Belarus would crush Italy lol

Italy is not in Belarus's league.

I don't think many people think they are.

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
go kim johnsson 514 said:
Can someone tell me this: How did Germany and France get relegated in the WC's? Did their teams just not show up?
Germany sucked big time.

They didn't win a single point in the first round. Unfortunately their best performance came against the Czechs in a 2-0 loss. They went 1-1-1 in the relegation round which wasn't enough to stay in Group A since both Slovenia & Denmark won 2 games in the relegation round.

The whole team performance was just bad. Terrible PP. They used defensive d-men in PP which lost the puck twice in 2 mins etc. To sum it up: It was somehow pathetic.

PoutinePourMoi

Oct 2, 2005
FoppaMan21 said:

*****. Its not their fault they are electric in nearly every other winter sport. Dont be a bigot.

PoutinePourMoi

Oct 2, 2005
Does anyone know if Muzzatti is starting in net for the Italians? He wasnt terrible when he was in Hartford, though it was a while ago.

member 30781

CTBruins87 said:
*****. Its not their fault they are electric in nearly every other winter sport. Dont be a bigot.
I'm not im just saying they are bad at hockey, not every other sport. :dunno:

member 30781

TransportedUpstater said:
I agree, they can't play hockey.

But don't step any farther with your statement... :madfire: ;)
Believe me i dont need to go any further. I think you got my message.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Kinbote said:
Yes, host country automatically gets in. There's only 5-6k registered players in Italy, all in the northern part of the country. France would kick their ***...that's bad.

That bad?

France just recently lost 12-1 to the Finnish "mestis" national team.. which is a national team of basically ECHL equivalent guys from Finland's second division, which should be about +/- ECHL level...

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
It's been a few years, but here's their results against the 'top 7' from recent world championships.

USA 5, Italy 2
Canada 5, Italy 0

Russia 7, Italy 0
Canada 3, Italy 1
Czech Republic 11, Italy 0

Finland 6, Italy 0
Slovakia 6, Italy 2
Czech Republic 9, Italy 2
Canada 6, Italy 0

Slovakia 7, Italy 4
Canada 5, Italy 2

Slovakia 2, Italy 1
Canada 5, Italy 2
USA 4, Italy 0

Not as bad as I thought considering alot of NHLers play in the WC. But they've gotten considerably worse since '02 - and the WC aren't close to each nation's best. This could get ugly. :cry:

Avery4Byng*

Extinguisher said:
Hey, if they can get Pisani, they'll be alll right..:D:D
I personally cannot wait to see Fernando out there.....

"there was something in the air that night, the stars were bright fernandoooo"

Tuff Gong

Nov 6, 2005
Kelowna
tray said:
I personally cannot wait to see Fernando out there.....

"there was something in the air that night, the stars were bright fernandoooo"
(insert mob voice) Fernando Pisani, What are ya doin' to my boys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->