Question About Dundon

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Hello Hurricanes Fans,

Sabres fan coming in Peace, Congratulations on drafting Andrei Svechnikov!! He was the guy I wanted Buffalo to draft all along because I didn't think we would win the lottery if you look at the luck we have had the past two lotteries we picked #2. Svechnikov will be a turning point for your franchisee so congratulations you guys deserve a game changer and now you have one after Eric Staal got traded.

I have a question about Tom Dundon. I am obviously very happy you guys now have an owner with deep pockets and now you guys have the ability to spend to the salary cap something you guys haven't been able too do under previous ownership with the budget you guys worked with for all those years but I am very happy you guys can now spend like the elite teams do and you guys could very well be elite as early as next season.

But in all of the press conferences I have watched him in I have noticed the guy has never worn a shirt, suit and tie. I notice he is always in a golf shirt and casual pants. I don't know if I am the only one who has noticed this but I see he doesn't wear a shirt, suit and tie and only wheres golf shirts and casual pants. He isn't your typical owner. He is very different from owners I have seen in a long time but I do believe he is going to bring glory to the Hurricanes. Just the way he dresses especially for the NHL draft I have never noticed or have seen an owner wearing a golf shirt and casual pants.

What's your opinion on that? It's definitely something I have ever seen but Dundon is exquisite

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Hello Hurricanes Fans,

Sabres fan coming in Peace, Congratulations on drafting Andrei Svechnikov!! He was the guy I wanted Buffalo to draft all along because I didn't think we would win the lottery if you look at the luck we have had the past two lotteries we picked #2. Svechnikov will be a turning point for your franchisee so congratulations you guys deserve a game changer and now you have one after Eric Staal got traded.

I have a question about Tom Dundon. I am obviously very happy you guys now have an owner with deep pockets and now you guys have the ability to spend to the salary cap something you guys haven't been able too do under previous ownership with the budget you guys worked with for all those years but I am very happy you guys can now spend like the elite teams do and you guys could very well be elite as early as next season.

But in all of the press conferences I have watched him in I have noticed the guy has never worn a shirt, suit and tie. I notice he is always in a golf shirt and casual pants. I don't know if I am the only one who has noticed this but I see he doesn't wear a shirt, suit and tie and only wheres golf shirts and casual pants. He isn't your typical owner. He is very different from owners I have seen in a long time but I do believe he is going to bring glory to the Hurricanes. Just the way he dresses especially for the NHL draft I have never noticed or have seen an owner wearing a golf shirt and casual pants.

What's your opinion on that? It's definitely something I have ever seen but Dundon is exquisite

Eh it’s 2018, dressing up nicely is overrated anyways.

P.S. Why did we need a whole entire thread for this?

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Eh it’s 2018, dressing up nicely is overrated anyways.

P.S. Why did we need a whole entire thread for this?

The reason I created this thread is because I have never seen an owner who dresses like that and my girl friend who is a die hard hockey fan like me couldn't get over it because we both have never in our lives seen any hockey or sports owner dress like that.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
He owns Top Golf. He's supposedly obsessed with golf. It's been reported to be his favorite pastime.

He dresses like a golfer.

(I like to think he probably spends as much of his free-time on the links as possible.)

Also, that shirt and tie combination is traditionally business-wear. He's made his fortune as someone who is a disruptive innovator of inefficient traditional business models. (It's one of the things that he's talked about as being exciting about buying the Canes...he thinks he can have a lot of success in the NHL by bringing better business practices and analytics-driven approaches to the game. He's not interested in the "old boys club" or "the way things have always been done.")

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
Yeah, his informal dressing habits have kind of irked my family and I to be honest. As long as he treats this franchise well, that is what matters the most though. The hockey warm up jacket and pants though at media press conferences is worse than a polo shirt and khaki pants like he was wearing at the draft IMO.

Anyway, the poster above me, Chan, made a spot on post.

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
I like suits and ties but if I were a billionaire I wouldn't want to wear that everyday.

He's good buddies with Mark Cuban who also dresses causally to games.

Also good luck to your team and congrats on Dahlin.

Thanks ! I still even after two months of knowing Dahlin will be our pick I still cannot believe it’s actually a reality. Having him and Eichel along with Reinhart , Middlestadt and hopefully Alex Nylander who had a great second half in the AHL could give Buffalo an offensive juggernaut for the next 10-12 years. We have suffered for 7 years and hopefully this is the last time we pick in the top 10 for a very long time . Having high picks are great but it’s time to turn a corner and I believe Dahlin is the finishing touches to this core.

I also want to point out how I thought it was very adorable having Dundon’s oldest daughter announce Svechnikov as the player you guys drafted! This guy is a true family man and will galvanize this team

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Why does Mark Zuckerberg wear a gray t-shirt every day of his life?

Because that's how power dresses now.

In the tech industry, the power dynamic is in reverse order of how well you're dressed. The guys in t-shirts and flip flops are the guys making the money and the decisions, because everyone knows they're the smartest guys in the room and no one gives a shit how they're dressed.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Yup. Mark Cuban dresses to be clothed in the game as the consequence of his dressing up.

lulz.

Yeah I mean this guy is a tech bro minus the tech. Silicon Valley gives us the whole "dress like a slob, come to work in barefeet with your dog, free monster drinks for everyone yay" thing in many places.

Hell even IBM doesn't wear ties anymore. Suit, no tie. Doesnt even have to be a blue suit anymore.

Reactions: Unsustainable

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
The suit-and-tie thing is a really curious tradition, when you stop and think about its use and utility. I’ve enjoyed watching The Crown, and in it, the instances in which men wear ties: mucking horse stalls, felling trees, hunting, walks along the beach. If I’m not mistaken, it’s a relic of the Victorian age, and with nearly all things Victorian, not worthy of surviving.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
I personally think it's stupid that literally everyone except for Dundon dressed for the Draft like they were going to a funeral. I worked at IBM for 13 years and never wore a suit, but had to wear one to write for the website of a pro sports team. I don't get the fascination, but the game is run by old white guys, so...

Look back at every first-round draft photo over the years. They all look exactly the same, one kid in a jersey and hat and a dozen old, white guys in gray suits.

Highest Boss

Jan 15, 2014
Illinois
If i recall correctly, this was the first wealthy man in America to wear jeans with a sport coat:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad