Prospect Info: Question about Carter Hart and CHL Eligibility

captain9nyr

@captain9nyr
Feb 4, 2009
Hammonton, NJ
Question for people who are more in touch with the rules and guidelines than I.

Is Carter Hart eligible to return to the CHL next season? I'm not asking if you think he should or should not, just asking if he HAS to go to AHL/NHL or if he can go back for some sort of overage year.

Thanks in advance!

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Legally he’s eligible to go back to the WHL next year for one final year as an overager before he ages out of the league.

He obviously won’t though as he’s eligible to play in the AHL as well as he no longer falls under the CHL/NHL agreement.

captain9nyr

@captain9nyr
Feb 4, 2009
Hammonton, NJ
Legally he’s eligible to go back to the WHL next year for one final year as an overager before he ages out of the league.

He obviously won’t though.

Is there anything that you are aware of based around his age and his ELC? I'm being told that it's not an option by someone who I would just love to prove wrong.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Is there anything that you are aware of based around his age and his ELC? I'm being told that it's not an option by someone who I would just love to prove wrong.

Any 1998 born player can play in the CHL as an overager next year. A 1997 born player will be aged out of the league for next year. The following year it will be the 98’s that age out. Hart’s birthdate is 8/13/98 so he would be eligble for one last year in the WHL next year as an overager.

He’s eligible for the AHL/ECHL though as he’ll be 20 before December 31st next year & has played four seasons in the WHL so he’s not bound to the CHL/NHL agreement anymore.

Reactions: Rebels57

captain9nyr

@captain9nyr
Feb 4, 2009
Hammonton, NJ
Any 1998 born player can play in the CHL as an overager next year. A 1997 born player will be aged out of the league for next year. The following year it will be the 98’s that age out. Hart’s birthdate is 8/13/98 so he would be eligble for one last year in the WHL next year as an overager.

He’s eligible for the AHL/ECHL though as he’ll be 20 before December 31st next year & has played four seasons in the WHL so he’s not bound to the CHL/NHL agreement anymore.

To your knowledge, there's no impact to this because he signed an ELC, right? This individual claims that because Hart signed an ELC and will turn 20 prior to September 15th, that he can't go back to CHL and ABSOLUTELY 100% has to go to Philadelphia or Lehigh.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
To your knowledge, there's no impact to this because he signed an ELC, right? This individual claims that because Hart signed an ELC and will turn 20 prior to September 15th, that he can't go back to CHL and ABSOLUTELY 100% has to go to Philadelphia or Lehigh.

No. It has no effect on whether he’s legal to play in the WHL or not next year. The only impact is that Hart would burn a year off his ELC if he went back for overage year just like he would if he was in the minors. He will be too old to slide his contract next year.

The person is confusing what’s more the sensible thing do with the legality of the situation. Hart is legally able to play in the WHL next year as an overager.

Reactions: Brayden Fattison

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Laberge might be a guy we see return as an overager, despite having an entry level contract.

captain9nyr

@captain9nyr
Feb 4, 2009
Hammonton, NJ
No. It has no effect on whether he’s legal to play in the WHL or not next year. The only impact is that Hart would burn a year off his ELC if he went back for overage year just like he would if he was in the minors. He will be too old to slide his contract next year.

The person is confusing what’s more the sensible thing do with the legality of the situation. Hart is legally able to play in the WHL next year as an overager.

Thank you very much sir!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad