Question about Barb Underhill

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Barb Underhill?
She actually works for several teams, or at least a few; hell, or at least players from different teams. Mostly Tampa though (thankfully).
From everything I've ever heard, she's gets amazing results, and Vinik should back up the Brinks and have her sign an exclusive deal.

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
I believe Barb is a skating consultant to only Tampa Bay, Toronto Maple Leafs and Guelph Storm.

She's previously worked with New York Rangers and Anaheim on an exclusive basis at different points in time. Well, almost exclusive. Her original hockey skating consultant gig was with Guelph, which she still maintains to this day.

YayHockeysBack

Jan 12, 2019
Thanks for the replies, and for the correction on her name.
I guess I'm wondering: does she work with the Lightning farm teams (e.g., Syracuse, Orlando) or just the NHL team? Seems like it would be best to intervene early with some of these guys who need to improve their skating.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
I guess I'm wondering: does she work with the Lightning farm teams (e.g., Syracuse, Orlando) or just the NHL team? Seems like it would be best to intervene early with some of these guys who need to improve their skating.
I'm pretty sure I've seen her at the prospect camps in the past. I believe she has a team of people working with her, some video record the players as they skate. I imagine to break it down in slo-mo to see the mechanics of their step offs and strides, etc.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

I've seen her working at most of the Lightning prospect camps. At one of the last prospect camps she spent a LOT of time with Cal Foote. lol As stated above, she mainly works as a skating consultant for the Lightning, Maple Leafs and Guelph Storm. Her husband, Rick Gaetz, is part owner of the Guelph Storm. But I believe that she does also take on individual clients as well.

Reactions: LTIR Trickery

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad