OT: Quest for the AWA Howl Complete - Now with other old Coyotes stuff

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
My GDT spelunking reminded me of something else I was looking for awhile back; The old Coyote howl from America West Arena. You can hear it on goal videos but it's usually a bit drowned out by the commentary/fans.

https://youtu.be/jOfrRkQAcrQ?t=2m45s

So I've been looking for a relatively clean version of it somewhere off and on and haven't been able to find one.

I'm kind of under the assumption that the team doesn't even have one since during all the throwback games they use the somewhat tepid current howl. Maybe they have it and just don't use it but they use everything else right down to the old CGI so...

I used to have a WAV file of it back in the day that I pulled from a Coyotes browser theme CD but haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Anyone around here have a line on something like this?

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ
My GDT spelunking reminded me of something else I was looking for awhile back; The old Coyote howl from America West Arena. You can hear it on goal videos but it's usually a bit drowned out by the commentary/fans.

https://youtu.be/jOfrRkQAcrQ?t=2m45s

So I've been looking for a relatively clean version of it somewhere off and on and haven't been able to find one.

I'm kind of under the assumption that the team doesn't even have one since during all the throwback games they use the somewhat tepid current howl. Maybe they have it and just don't use it but they use everything else right down to the old CGI so...

I used to have a WAV file of it back in the day that I pulled from a Coyotes browser theme CD but haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Anyone around here have a line on something like this?

You may be able to find it in an old EA NHL 2002 custom sound pack or something like that

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
So I found it.

I was looking for something else, inspired by the discussion in the OT thread.... and came across the browser CD (along with a sealed Diamondbacks one)

Behold:

Unfortunately the quality was a bit dumpy but what do you want from a browser skin cd. But at least it actually exists somewhere now.

The CD also had a few other gems:

The hilarious thing? The NeoPlanet browser still works.....
cJgom4X.jpg

I'm half tempted to make a Mozilla theme using the graphics :laugh:

RRdgMmD.jpg

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I was moving some junk around and found another old Coyotes thing.

9BRAN4l.jpg

lX725Ft.jpg

Not terribly significant but I figured the hilarity, given how it worked out in the end, of Tony Amonte and Mike Barnett standing there with the caption "It's Time To Believe" was too funny to pass up.

Reactions: Mosby

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I remember hearing on the radio that we had signed Tony f***ing Amonte. I could not believe it. Just shocked that such a high caliber player would come here. Tony f***ing Amonte came HERE of all places. Just shocked. Overjoyed.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I finally watched the video in the OP of the playoff game before I became a hockey fan. Even though it's from the 1998 playoffs, what really hit me hard was just looking at the ticker stuff in the video where they're displaying names of players who were impending UFA's, going to arbitration, etc.

I recognized almost every single name. It made me feel really old.

Side note on that topic, the most electrifying moment in my early years as a hockey fan didn't involve the Coyotes. It was... I'll just put it this way: "OFF THE FLOOR, ON THE BOARD! PAUL KARIYA!" I get goosebumps even thinking about it.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Lasted like 5 seconds and then BOOM. Philly.
Well. It was more to do with how god awful his play was before the boom Philly. That was the clearest example of a “retirement contract” I’ve seen. He moved to Phoenix to retire and play golf. Took the biggest deal the team would give him to coast around.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Found another random thing:
5TDv6gE.jpg

Well I'm excited. Blue Chip Blueliners and GREAT Expectations.

Also $5.00? lol

4Edb6PP.jpg

Oh we know how the hockey world got to know Gretzky the coach. Wonder how that Petr Nedved thing worked out?

lEbfzlJ.jpg

And what a system it was! Highlighted by the great Tim Jackman!

XcZXs8i.jpg

Ck4FGEO.jpg

BUaSKn7.jpg

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I loved Ballard. His hip checks were great.

I'd take the Ossi Vanaanen (sp?) howl i day hat trick commercial over the Pierre one, still pretty great though.

Reactions: RABBIT

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Well if you're going to bring up Keith Ballard and old stuff, here's the best Yotes commercial of all time (You don't even have legs):

Well I don't have commercials in my piles of old junk.

But if it's Pierre AKA the "Fanatical Hockey Snowman" AKA "The White Blur" from the Chicoutimi Summer C league you want, I think I can provide.

upload_2018-11-17_16-44-55.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad