Movies: Queen movie:Bohemian Rhapsody (lets rewrite history)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Bohemian Rhapsody (2018) - IMDb
Bohemian Rhapsody (film) - Wikipedia
In Perfect Casting News, Mike Myers Is Joining Bohemian Rhapsody

This movie has been in development hell for about 10 years. May and Taylor have made it clear that it will a "respecteful view of Freddie, since he is not here to defend himself"

Sacha Baron Cohen was supposed to star but this is his view on things

Bohemian Rhapsody | Teaser Trailer [HD] | 20th Century FOX

Last edited:

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Also, it's going to suck because there's no one (Outside of maybe Tankian) on this planet that has Mercurys range.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Also, it's going to suck because there's no one (Outside of maybe Tankian) on this planet that has Mercurys range.
Look up Marc Martel.

He was the lead on the Queen Extravaganza cover band that Brian May put together. He's the closest thing to Freddie that I've ever heard.

Still wish Sacha would have done the movie, then I think it could have been a must see.

Reactions: Neutrinos

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
This is the thing I was waiting for. But I don't think we have the complete story. Speculation is this is linked to a law suit not many people are talking about

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Sounds like it is serious and has been going on for awhile. Reports here in the UK is that Singer was a no show on the set on at least 12 occasions where the 1st AD and cinematographer Newton Thomas Sigel reportedly had to film parts of the movie---This would not be the first time Sigel had to step up due to Singer going MIA on the X-men he shot. Sigal has been with Singer since the Usual suspects. He is a member of the Dirctors Guild so he can step in and direct

Early reports are saying they wont start up again to the new year around Jan 15th

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
This story ain't over.if it is health reasons he can not be fired..UK laws are quite strict on this subject. He can fired for jumping on a plane and shutting down production for two weeks without consent.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
According to reports here in the UK they are just two weeks from being done. Two actors reportedly quit earlier in production due Singer being "distracted" by something. They were convinced to return by Sami Malik.

Going to be interesting to see what Singer has been getting up to that caused him to jump on a plane with no notice

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
hopefully they moved on from the original idea of having the last hour of the movie being about what happened after his death
From what I read, they have. I think the movie now ends shortly after Live Aid '85. So basically once Freddie starts to get real sick

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
One reason why Sacha Cohan left was because the original screenplay went on long after Freddie died and made may and john d the focus of the movie
Nah it was to focus on May and Taylor. Deacon retired from Queen and the music scene after Freddie's death and has had little to do with the band since then.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
"I pity your wife if you think 6 minutes is a long time."

The best part of that i can actually imagine Freddie saying something to that effect.

Looks good, especially since it looks like they moved away from May and Taylor's asinine idea to tell the story of the band post Freddie. No one cares about Queen post 1993, sorry guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->