Quebec players in 2008

Asparagvs

Jul 13, 2007
Montreal, Qc
I've read in the ''Journal de Montreal'' this morning that Denis Morel, one of the scout for the Montreal Canadiens, was telling that there was going to be a lot of good quebec players at the 2008 draft. Is he right?

Because, I don't see a lot of talent eligible for next year right now. Good players i see are only :

Yann Sauve , D
Philippe Cornet , C
Kevin Poulin , G
Derek Famulare , LW
Alexandre Neron , D
and some others not so great.

So is Denis Morel right?

BlueJays

Dec 12, 2005
Well ask yourself this question: Did you ever see Mr. Morel referee an NHL game?

How qualified do you really believe he is to still be involved in any paid hockey capacity? Let alone being a pro scout...

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I agree with him, it is a pretty strong year for Quebec players, you have:

1. Yann Sauve
2. Kevin Poulin
3. Phil Cornet
4. Alexander Neron
5. Marc Barbiero
6. Joel Champagne
7. Jordan Southorn
8. Antoin Tardif
9. Gabriel Bourque
10. Travis Stacey
11. Jonathan Bonneau
12. Shawn Morton-Boutin
13. Pascal Amyot
14. Sameul Morneau
15. Maxime Sauve
16. Mathieu Tousignant
17. Pier-Luc Fortin
18. David Labreaque
19. Nicolas Deschamps
20. Mathieu Leclair

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
are we talking quebec born or quebec league (QMJHL) players?

if it's the quebec league then patrice cormier and kelsey tessier... are they 08 or 09 eligible? also gabe o'connor and chris doyle are a couple more names you could hear on draft day.

Last edited:

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
yeah i realized right after i posted that the thread creator may have implied quebec born... hence the edit on my post. thanks for the heads up.

o'connor is quebec born i think though. underrated player IMO.

The Prospector

Jul 14, 2006
I really like the Quebec players for next years draft. I see a lot of those kids often, like Champagne, Famulare, Cormier, Cornet, Neron, Tessier, Sauve, Poulin and I think it could be the best draft for Q players in a long time.

Champagne is a big power forward with good speed.
Famulare a smart player with great shot and good speed.
Cormier is a great complete player with awesome talent.
Cornet is a great offensive man with great awareness in the offensive zone.
Kelsey Tessier is one of the most skilled young guys of the Q.
Yann Sauve is a Mathias Ohlund prototype.
Alexandre Neron has a great talent for a future QB in the NHL with smart plays in D.
Kevin Poulin will be dominant this year in the league and has all it takes to be a top notch goalie.
Nicolas Deschamps, i'll see him for the first time in 1 month at the sags training camp, but I heard he could dominate in his first year in junior, he's got awesome hands.
I love Mathieu Tousignant too, an agressive, talented and 2 way forward.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I really like the Quebec players for next years draft. I see a lot of those kids often, like Champagne, Famulare, Cormier, Cornet, Neron, Tessier, Sauve, Poulin and I think it could be the best draft for Q players in a long time.

Champagne is a big power forward with good speed.
Famulare a smart player with great shot and good speed.
Cormier is a great complete player with awesome talent.
Cornet is a great offensive man with great awareness in the offensive zone.
Kelsey Tessier is one of the most skilled young guys of the Q.
Yann Sauve is a Mathias Ohlund prototype.
Alexandre Neron has a great talent for a future QB in the NHL with smart plays in D.
Kevin Poulin will be dominant this year in the league and has all it takes to be a top notch goalie.
Nicolas Deschamps, i'll see him for the first time in 1 month at the sags training camp, but I heard he could dominate in his first year in junior, he's got awesome hands.
I love Mathieu Tousignant too, an agressive, talented and 2 way forward.

he does not want Cormier and Tessier there, they are not Quebec born. But your list is missing a MAJOR player in Marc Barbiero

PLUS above someone asked abut Gab O'Connor from the Mooseheads, he is not ranked untill 2009

The Prospector

Jul 14, 2006
he does not want Cormier and Tessier there, they are not Quebec born. But your list is missing a MAJOR player in Marc Barbiero

PLUS above someone asked abut Gab O'Connor from the Mooseheads, he is not ranked untill 2009

Yes I know but you know I've seen Mark Baberio once and around 10 minuts so I can't really say what kind of player he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad