Quebec Nordiques AHL affiliate ?

Canucks21

Feb 24, 2015
Canada
For old time's sake I'll say Fredericton.

But Springfield will probably be open so why not go there?

Can't go to Fredericton UNB would never let a pro team use the aitken centre and the other rinks in the area are too small for an AHL team.

I think a Québec NHL team is the last hope for St. John's to have an AHL team. If they go there I think it would only be a temporary thing as they could eventually look at relocating it some where in Québec especially with Montreal moving their farm team to Laval in a couple years.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Can't go to Fredericton UNB would never let a pro team use the aitken centre and the other rinks in the area are too small for an AHL team.

I think a Québec NHL team is the last hope for St. John's to have an AHL team. If they go there I think it would only be a temporary thing as they could eventually look at relocating it some where in Québec especially with Montreal moving their farm team to Laval in a couple years.

Trois-Rivieres could be nice spot if they build a new arena.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Truth be told, even though QC would be the closest NHL team to St. John's, it'd still be damn far away as an affiliate.

With the number of teams moving from traditional markets westward, in all likelihood there will probably be a number of markets in the American northeast that'd jump at the chance of getting an AHL team back that'd be less costly and closer to Quebec City. Manchester, NH comes to immediate mind, but who knows who else will move if/when QC gets an NHL team again.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Truth be told, even though QC would be the closest NHL team to St. John's, it'd still be damn far away as an affiliate.

With the number of teams moving from traditional markets westward, in all likelihood there will probably be a number of markets in the American northeast that'd jump at the chance of getting an AHL team back that'd be less costly and closer to Quebec City. Manchester, NH comes to immediate mind, but who knows who else will move if/when QC gets an NHL team again.

I said Fredericton but that was mainly for nostalgia. In my more pragmatic moments I think that the Nords should work with the Leafs/Marlies model and keep it in province and close by - maybe a place like Sherbrooke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad