Quebec Nordiques 11/10/1972 - 25/05/1995

Shawa666

May 25, 2010
Québec, Qc, Ca
On this day, 15 years ago, Marcel Aubut shook the city, announcing that my beloved Nordiques were sold to Comcast and were to be moved to Denver.

I cried that night. There were rumblings, The team was butting heads with the provincial gov't over funding for a new arena. Said Govt was trying to control it's debt and was not willing to bankroll the project. But we tought we still had a few years before it became a a real threat.

Boy, were we wrong.

The team moved. And won Stanley's Mug. But no onre really cared about that. A few years later the IHL's Atlanta Knights relocated to the Colisée. But the Nord's fans were still mourning their team, And the Habs' fans didn't care. The Citadelles wwere a slap in the face. Tha Habs' farm club? The Habs' fans didn't care. And the Nords' fans were offended. That didn't fly either.

We still miss our Nordiques.

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
On this day, 15 years ago, Marcel Aubut shook the city, announcing that my beloved Nordiques were sold to Comcast and were to be moved to Denver.

I cried that night. There were rumblings, The team was butting heads with the provincial gov't over funding for a new arena. Said Govt was trying to control it's debt and was not willing to bankroll the project. But we tought we still had a few years before it became a a real threat.

Boy, were we wrong.

The team moved. And won Stanley's Mug. But no onre really cared about that. A few years later the IHL's Atlanta Knights relocated to the Colisée. But the Nord's fans were still mourning their team, And the Habs' fans didn't care. The Citadelles wwere a slap in the face. Tha Habs' farm club? The Habs' fans didn't care. And the Nords' fans were offended. That didn't fly either.

We still miss our Nordiques.

Dont worry. The Atlanta knights were just a prelude to whats coming next. Thrashers to Quebec! ;)

Shawa666

May 25, 2010
Québec, Qc, Ca
I'm not worrying. The mood is pretty upbeat right now. The Remparts might have to move (there's a project for a 5-6k arena on the other side of the river, in Lévis), and the Université Laval's Rouge et Or Football might suffer a bit ( but that's 4 games plus playoffs) I don't think it would affect the Can Am league Capitales much. as their season is on the short side.

The new colisée has a good backing from the City and the provincial gov't, Peladeau as an owner makes sense as he has a license for an all-sports Channel and seems to have been pissed off by the fact that he got shot down on the Habs' sale.

Things are moving faster than I thought they could.

Last year I tought the new Colisée was a possibility in the 8 to 9 years to come. Right now, my pediction is 5 years and possibly a team in the next 3 to 5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00