Quebec Junior AAA & AA

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Are these leagues both exclusively for residents of Quebec? How do they compare to other Junior A and Junior B leagues in eastern Canada?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'exclusively for residents of Québec,' but Junior AAA and Junior AA are Hockey Québec's terms for what is known as Junior A and B respectively in other parts of Canada. I am aware of non-Québec players playing in Junior AAA though, if that's what you're getting at.

As for comparison with the rest of the Junior A and B leagues, I can't speak to how the Junior AA leagues compare with other Junior B leagues, as I've only ever watched the EOJHL as far as Junior B is concerned. I understand that the LHJAAAQ is the weakest of the Junior A/AAA leagues though, due in part to the strength of Québec's Midget AAA level. That is to say, if you don't make the QMJHL as a 16 or 17 year old, it's generally considered to be worth it to play another year in Midget, rather than to go to the LHJAAAQ. Even still, I wish there was a way for the Olympiques to put our prospects in the CCHL... Mostly so I can go watch them more easily...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->