Quebec fires cause postponement of MLB, WNBA, NWSL games due to poor air quality

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I get MLB and NWSL, but why is an indoor game postponed ?

Also, as we all love to blame Quebec, but there's a lot of fires going on here.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Reactions: Bostonzamboni

oknazevad

Dec 12, 2018
Not surprised about the Liberty game at all. The skies have been orange all day for two days straight in the New York area from this. And everything smells like a campfire. It's just not healthy to leave the house for extended periods. This is a pic I took from my front lawn earlier today (I'm in New Jersey.)
IMG_0405.jpeg

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
Not surprised about the Liberty game at all. The skies have been orange all day for two days straight in the New York area from this. And everything smells like a campfire. It's just not healthy to leave the house for extended periods. This is a pic I took from my front lawn earlier today (I'm in New Jersey.)View attachment 715994
IMG_5207.jpeg

Just to contrast… taken from the state Capitol building, Salem, Oregon, September 2020.
You really don’t want to be out in this air anyway.

Reaser

May 19, 2021
View attachment 716003
Just to contrast… taken from the state Capitol building, Salem, Oregon, September 2020.
You really don’t want to be out in this air anyway.

Yup, it gets crazy in the Pac NW.

That 'campfire' smell stays around for so long and feels like you're just breathing it all in the second you step out the door. And our skies look crazy when it happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad