WC: Quarterfinal Pre-Game Talk | FIN-NOR | RUS-CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
:laugh:
You don't know me at all. I follow drafting and junior hockey closely, but his still just a kid in the mens WC. You don't expect him to carry the team do you?

Well I guess you havent watched our games. He carried his team to finnish championship scoring ppg in playoffs, was once again a beast vs russia and made almost a couple of highlightreel goals.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Hey Hellion,

did you ever consider doing stand up comedy?

I think you'd be great at it!

I'll be sure to send you a PM after the game.

:)

p.s Finland would choke against Norway in a gold medal game, but not in the QF, the drunkard-roudy Finns are not like the Swedes, who would lose to Belarus in a QF.

Aaaand here we go :laugh:

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
If we should win this game you will be able to hear my rowdy alcoholic warcries all the way from Stavanger across the bridge in Svinesund haha

I guess it would sound like this " Norge e grævlig goe i ishockey" :D hehe (farmora mi var fra Sola) Anyways im screaming so loud that peeps around me are worried :(

Last edited:

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
:laugh:
You don't know me at all. I follow drafting and junior hockey closely, but his still just a kid in the mens WC. You don't expect him to carry the team do you?

Top 3 player for team finland so far in the tournament if not the best one so your statement isn't good.

member 116805

Anyways, I guess this is really why this tread was made:

CZE-USA | GER-SWE | FIN-NOR | RUS-CAN

Bold for victory.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I'm not "high", I just don't see anything special with Finlands roster (except Mikko Koivu which is an outstanding player). If they had all their best players, then our chances would be close to none, but if you look at that rosters you don't think: "wow, that's a great team".

Lol? So u feel hes like the "only player we have".

Thats great. I hope norwegian teams has been scouting exactly the same way.. GL :laugh:

When i look at your roster.. i see no one. There is no good hockey players at all there :sarcasm:

member 116805

I guess it would sound like this " Norge e grævlig goe i ishockey" :D hehe (farmora mi var fra Sola) Anyways im screaming so loud that peeps around me are worried :(

*cough* that would be "grææææææævla" hehe

Last edited by a moderator:

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Maybe it's time to call this FIN vs. NOR fencing to an end. Uncle FiLe will now tell you where it's going to fall.

Finland has a great game plan. They'll keep on grinding and relying to it. Their only real weakness is capitalizing on scoring chances. It doesn't matter how solid team the other side has, Finland will find its way around their skaters. And even if they have to work real hard to sink a few in, some will go in. That's a law of nature.

What makes the difference is the guy in net. If you have a goalie that's capable of stopping 40 to 50 pucks in one night, you have a chance of winning.

If you don't... good night.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
Aaaand here we go :laugh:

No no :), it's just baby brother acting up again. It's their modus operandi. They've faced defeat so many times by the hand of the yellow and blue axe. It's only fair to let them vent.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Lol? So u feel hes like the "only player we have".

Thats great. I hope norwegian teams has been scouting exactly the same way.. GL :laugh:

When i look at your roster.. i see no one. There is no hockey players at all there :sarcasm:

There's a difference between an oustanding player and good players. But clearly you don't get that:shakehead

Good luck anyway, may the best team win!

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Okay so we only got Koivu, our other players are barely on par with norvegians.. So, we are in deeeeep ****. Haha :sarcasm:

The thing, that you think you can beat us, i dont think thats strange or funny at all.
The thing, that you dont know a **** about our roster and are claiming things about them, that is fun.

OFC you would keep jesse joensuu like a super good player, because hes from NHL. But he is Scratched from our roster. We have better than ordinnary NHL grinders from europe for gods sake... To compare lets take something like third line. Third line center? Niko Kapanen, could play NHL and has played there long.. I mean, our players aint just randoms, if not nhl superstars neither lol.

Of course good luck for you norwegians too and AwesomePanthers, no hard feelings and hope for a great game. I just think you are under estimating our players.

member 116805

I wonder if this is really how the Norway-Sweden - and the Finland-Sweden feudes really started... Hockey is the devil, hehe

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
Yes so who are outstanding players for norway? have to say almost none of them ring a bell? educate me!

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
He would be tied for 6th productive-wise on our team, just saying.

tied for 4th but shouldn't watch statwise. He is our best PP player and he is the smartest player on our team. Best playmaker of team. I only think that Koivu is more important to this team. But Granlund have been as good as koivu aswell. Watch more FIN games after you make statements like that. Granlund have been physical aswell. Landing huge hits in every game.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
No no :), it's just baby brother acting up again. It's their modus operandi. They've faced defeat so many times by the hand of the yellow and blue axe. It's only fair to let them vent.

It's not just the mighty yellow and blue axe, it's the Cze's and Canadians too. ;)

But that is the Finals, we ain't talking about the QF or Semi Finals where Finland usually fairwells better against the Swedes, or Cze's.

(won't mention canada because they lose to them more than anybody else).

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
tied for 4th but shouldn't watch statwise. He is our best PP player and he is the smartest player on our team. Best playmaker of team. I only think that Koivu is more important to this team. But Granlund have been as good as koivu aswell. Watch more FIN games after you make statements like that. Granlund have been physical aswell. Landing huge hits in every game.

I said productive-wise, what the hell is wrong with your reading-comprehension?

1. M. Olimb 9 points
2. Holtet 8 points
3 and 4. Bastiansen and Skrøder 7 points
5. Holøs 5 points
6 and 7. Granlund and Ask 4 points.

I did not comment on his play, at all. Just his production compared to our players.

member 116805

Hey Hellion,

did you ever consider doing stand up comedy?

I think you'd be great at it!

I'll be sure to send you a PM after the game.

:)

p.s Finland would choke against Norway in a gold medal game, but not in the QF, the drunkard-roudy Finns are not like the Swedes, who would lose to Belarus in a QF.

I am married, so yes, I have been doing comedy for years.

Be my guest and PM after, during, or before the game. If we lose that game I will be the first to congratulate any Fin :)

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Here are definitively a few:
(search the top of the list)

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/261/IHM261000_85B_13_0.pdf

NOR deserves respect. Absolutely no fear, but respect, yes.

So they have a sharp end of their sword, yes that deserves respect. The reason to put us favourites is depth (and our also pretty sharp tip of our sword compared to norway..). Ofcourse Granlund wont produce that much when hes playing 3rd line role (or minutes).

Last edited:

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
So they have a sharp end of their sword, yes that deserves respect. The reason to put us favourites is depth. Ofcourse Granlund wont produce that much when hes playing 3rd line role (or minutes).

Yupp, I agree with you. Still, it is possible that in a tournament like this (winner stays, loser goes) NOR can steal a win in a QF-game from us.

I haven't yet checked the odds betting companies give for this pair, but I'd be surprised if this pair was not considered the most uneven of them all. By people who calculate odds for money.

One could say they have strong arguments for their odds. But there's always a chance of surprise. Our team just needs to go out 100% and play like they'd fight for their daily sausage someone's trying to steal.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Yes so who are outstanding players for norway? have to say almost none of them ring a bell? educate me!

In all fairness, Finland has mostly European based players save very few stars from overseas. Bastiansen was the SEL playoffs MVP for instance, a league where several Finns play in or equal(SM-liiga). Bastiansen, Tollefsen, Olimb and Holtet are better than quite a few players on the Finnish roster, or at the very least play like it in this short tournament which is what matters for the moment.

Finland's European players are throughout a notch above, but it's not a landslide since many of them play in the same league. Both nations play like teams, which is their main strength. But on top of that Finland has some gamebreaking players and the advantage in net. Still, it's just one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad