WC: Quarterfinal Pre-Game Talk | FIN-NOR | RUS-CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116805

Not challenging it's so fun when people talks **** when they don't have any base on it. I would say that germany is better than norway if we look the paper but the tournament performance have been good on both team that evens it up but after i have seen from last wc's and this tournament German have looked very strong. I don't think sweden has much better team on the paper than finland but i think FIN tournament performance have been SLIGHTLY better than SWE. Well last post in this case. Everyone has own thoughts.

So you have your opinion and I have mine, isnt that OK?
First you attack me for having an opinion and ask me to explain it, then you come out and you make an exact statement like it did. Thumbs up sir!

Tissotti

Apr 30, 2011
Helsinki
You haven't watched much FIN games. Yes tight results with latvia and germany but finland dominated them. Czech were very lucky to win finland, thanks to pavelec. Today they just beat Russia. Best hockey i have ever seen from finland after 2006 olympics.

Well you right that Finland has had huge problems with scoring while we have created lots of chances. Unfortunately scoring is also part of the game and that part really needs to improve.

I don't think anybody here can say that they truly expect Norway to win, but i don't wanna see another Germany game. Norway got real possibility to surprise. Though as mindblowing as it is Finland has been solid as a rock as far as shootouts go so i wouldn't mind if we go there. ;)

Last edited:

member 116805

Just looked at Czechs roster....

There is a 0% chance the USA can beat them.

Well with those two injuries from tonight, that might shift a little i think.
Depends on the US though, they have to mean it from period 1. The games i have seen them paly this tournament it seems like they dont really get going until mid 2nd or 3rd

Wolfy*

Sweden the lucky loser, I'm sure they prefer Germany ahead of Russia, while Canada walked into a dangerous little trap here...thanks to Rick Nash :D

Tissotti

Apr 30, 2011
Helsinki
Well with those two injuries from tonight, that might shift a little i think.
Depends on the US though, they have to mean it from period 1. The games i have seen them paly this tournament it seems like they dont really get going until mid 2nd or 3rd

True. Though i have to say so far Czechs have impressed me the most. They are actually a sum of the material they got.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
I'm not "high", I just don't see anything special with Finlands roster (except Mikko Koivu which is an outstanding player). If they had all their best players, then our chances would be close to none, but if you look at that rosters you don't think: "wow, that's a great team".

I think Finland will win, but I think there is a good chance for an upset. And I also believe we have better chances than Germany.

YOU ARE A FUNNY GUY!

And what is so special about NORWAY'S ROSTER?

LMAO

Congrats to Norway for making it thus far, however, Norway will lose this one.

:yo:

Erathian

May 18, 2010
Czech republic
Sweden the lucky loser, I'm sure they prefer Germany ahead of Russia, while Canada walked into a dangerous little trap here...thanks to Rick Nash :D

I think that Canadians don't mind it. They like big games and Russia is the main opponent. They know that they are Canada and must beat every team they face.

member 116805

Finland is the better team no doubt, I guess norwegian hockey fans have to read the swedish media to get information and it does make very dillusional and lose your sence of reality, but don't worry we won't blame you.

Well of course that is the case aswell. Here we hear about SEL because of the Norwegians playing there.

But it is like meeting Brazil or Argentina in soccer, the name has a meaning aswell as the actual players. Just like Norway, Denmark and also Germany aswell has the same steriotypical expectation of not being good hehe.
So that goes both ways.

Still, it is an opinion.
But by all means, am anyone saying Finland sucks? Hell no, but where we stand right now its like chosing between pest or colera. Both teams are better than we are, but what do we prefer to face. In my case that is Finland as supposed to Sweden.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Finland and Czech have been the best teams in this tournament by a fair margin. I'm not surprised if they meet in the finals :)

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
I'm not "high", I just don't see anything special with Finlands roster (except Mikko Koivu which is an outstanding player). If they had all their best players, then our chances would be close to none, but if you look at that rosters you don't think: "wow, that's a great team".

I think Finland will win, but I think there is a good chance for an upset. And I also believe we have better chances than Germany.

Wow well just get ready to get a ice cold shower when u meet us.

btw Granlund is an exceptional player but I bet you dont know who he is.

Sweden hasnt yet even been tested, they lost a canada which was playing with half of its potential. This team sweden will be ***** vs czechs.

Finland has still won slovakia, russia and was dominant vs czechs but we lost 2-1.

member 116805

YOU ARE A FUNNY GUY!

LMAO

there is absolutely nothing special about Norways roster, and thats part of why we are in the QF. Thanks to hard work for the team, a little luck, and bigger nations underestemating us ;) hehe

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Finland is the better team no doubt, I guess norwegian hockey fans have to read the swedish media to get information and it does make you dillusional and lose your sence of reality, but don't worry i don't blame you.

The way I see it Finland is the best team, but we (team Norway) are often able to fight hard and bring the game into overtime. Just look at the way we played Switzerland in the olympics and Sweden in this wc. We almost beat Slovakia in the olympics. Therefore i believe and hope it will be a close match, but I think Finland win cause they got alot of good goalies, good deffence and okey forwards. I believe Finland would beat team Norway 4 of 5 times. Lets see what happens :cf:

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
I have to say always fun to see that the finnish fans have taken once again taken over the host city.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
back on topic,

Sweden will beat Germany,

Canada will beat Russia and Cze's will walk all over the USA.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Wow well just get ready to get a ice cold shower when u meet us.

btw Granlund is an exceptional player but I bet you dont know who he is.

Sweden hasnt yet even been tested, they lost a canada which was playing with half of its potential.

Finland has still won slovakia, russia and was dominant vs czechs but we lost 2-1.

:laugh:
You don't know me at all. I follow drafting and junior hockey closely, but his still just a kid in the mens WC. You don't expect him to carry the team do you?

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Thanks to hard work for the team, a little luck, and bigger nations underestemating us
How that fitting Finland has so far relied on exactly the same things, minus the underestimating part.

But that should matter little, since they a) won't underestimate Norway and b) have better team.

member 116805

lol

Will be laughing when the Fin vs Norway game is over :)

Will be laughing for sure, just dont know about what just yet haha.
Making it this far when we were expecting to play to qualify for the Group A WC next year, or laughing because now we find ourselves in the semi. Either way, its all good.
**** it, if we lose the QF to Finland, fine. If we win, I am not going to work on thursday. And thats a promise :P hehe

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I have to say always fun to see that the finnish fans have taken once again taken over the host city.

Yep they have been very loud.. Only Cze's fans can compete with them of the remaining teams :nod:

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
YOU ARE A FUNNY GUY!

LMAO

Tollefsen is the special one :D U enter the game with 20 players and after the game 10 of em are injured :snide:

member 116805

Norway, the friendly neighbour that always greet you with a smile VS. the rowdy alcoholic neighbouring Finn (always creating a damn ruckus!)
För kung och fosterland Norge, you can do it!

The rest of the games. Sweden sends the Germans packing after a tight game. The Canadians discover that the big bad Russian wolf was a kitten and ended 4th for a reason. Czech - USA is tough. Czech is the favorite based on previous performances but the Americans know how to rise to the occasion.

If we should win this game you will be able to hear my rowdy alcoholic warcries all the way from Stavanger across the bridge in Svinesund haha

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Hey Hellion,

did you ever consider doing stand up comedy?

I think you'd be great at it!

I'll be sure to send you a PM after the game.

:)

p.s Finland would choke against Norway in a gold medal game, but not in the QF, the drunkard-roudy Finns are not like the Swedes, who would lose to Belarus in a QF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->