WC: Quarterfinal Pre-Game Talk | FIN-NOR | RUS-CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Lol, i cannot blame you for that really.

I dont think Finland will win by 3 goals or more, no way.
Also, I agree the shots will be unever, but if our goalie plays like he has and our D plays like they have, we still have a chance. A small one, but still a chance ;)

Belive me, you do have a chance. I absolutely agree.

Just that the reasoning from your fellow viking has maybe risen a notch or two off the ground :) NOR has been good until now, so you can be sure FIN won't start underestimating them. I think you'll meet a very quick and very determined FIN on Wed.

That will be more than tough for you guys, but everyone does have a chance, yes.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I'm rooting for Germany and Norway in their games. They really deserve to go further in this tournament :nod:

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Norway, thanks for coming...

I see a closer game than most with Norway losing 2-4 in the end...

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
I must say that i think our chances of beating Finland are bigger than Germany's chances of breating Sweden though

I disagree. your points? It would be interesting to hear. I still think Norway can upset FINs but telling that germany has slighter chances?

member 116805

Belive me, you do have a chance. I absolutely agree.

Just that the reasoning from your fellow viking has maybe risen a notch or two off the ground :) NOR has been good until now, so you can be sure FIN won't start underestimating them. I think you'll meet a very quick and very determined FIN on Wed.

That will be more than tough for you guys, but everyone does have a chance, yes.

Haha, yeah true that. I think a lot of people are a little "high" on this tournament, but I dont think there is any chance of our players thinking like that.
Win or lose though, I am just happy the way the Norwegian media is finally showing some sign of intrest for hockey.
QF is a bonus, and it will be a lot of fun meeting Finland which we really havnt met that often i my memory isnt totally gone.

Cheers, and good luck on wednesday!

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I'm rooting for Germany and Norway in their games. They really deserve to go further in this tournament :nod:

And after USA's terrific display so far, beating France and Norway they really deserve to go further too :sarcasm:

member 116805

I disagree. your points? It would be interesting to hear. I still think Norway can upset FINs but telling that germany has slighter chances?

And thats fine that you do.
My reason for saying this is that i think that Norway and Germany are pretty much on the same level while i think that Sweden is a better team than Finland.
Simple as that really, I cannot offer you a mathematical formula or anything if thats what you were looking for :P

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
I don't doubt that Finland will win, but to say that we have no chance is ridiculous.

I agree. In a tournament like this everything is possible. I would never say NOR doesn't stand a chance.
I don't think many Finns would boast like that either. It's not very typical for us.

We've beaten a better team earlier in the tournament, and our team is full of confidence.

Can't say anything about you beating better teams in this tournament. We haven't met any of your opponents yet. But I hope on Sunday evening we can continue discussing the issue about who is better this year, FIN or SWE :naughty: Then we can pick on Sweden from both sides of the border :)

You know I usually support NOR when they play, but you'll forgive me for not doing that on Wed :)

member 116805

And after USA's terrific display so far, beating France and Norway they really deserve to go further too :sarcasm:

They kicked our ass, just had a soft goalie remember? ;)

Must be hard having a NHL goalie. They should try what we did, we found ours inthe unemployment like haha

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
I would agree if Russia's biggest problem was motivation, but it looks to me like there are deeper 'team game' problems that I don't think they can solve in a couple of days at this point. We'll see...

If Russia looses this one- I think we all know Bykov and co. are gone. Can this be his last game with NT? :amazed:

Ofc our problem isn't motivation, but playing against Canada means that now our players will focus on winning and showing something.
With that being said, hopefully ByZa are gone whatever the result!

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
And thats fine that you do.
My reason for saying this is that i think that Norway and Germany are pretty much on the same level while i think that Sweden is a better team than Finland.
Simple as that really, I cannot offer you a mathematical formula or anything if thats what you were looking for :P

why you think that norway is on the same level with germany and sweden is an better team than finland? you dont have any clear arguments.

Fulcrum

Ofc our problem isn't motivation, but playing against Canada means that now our players will focus on winning and showing something.
With that being said, hopefully ByZa are gone whatever the result!

It's sort of a loose loose situation.

If Russia wins, i think it's likely that Bykov will stay, which I don't like.

If they loose- then :(

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
They kicked our ass, just had a soft goalie remember? ;)

Must be hard having a NHL goalie. They should try what we did, we found ours inthe unemployment like haha

We do it the right way, Get-ligaen and Elitserien goaltenders all the way. ;)

Wolfy*

Tbh Norway's chance is next to none even if I would like to believe otherwise.

I believe you're saying that just because Finland is a bigger hockey name, and for their chances, I really hope they don't think like you do.

Finland's play in this tournament has been mediocre compared to previous results. Team Norway is on fire, right now four of the top seven score leaders are Norwegians which is pretty amazing.

If the Norwegians believe they can win this game you'll see no respect what so ever, and the Fins will have their hands full. Should be a close one, very hard to predict, to be honest.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Haha, yeah true that. I think a lot of people are a little "high" on this tournament, but I dont think there is any chance of our players thinking like that.

I'm not "high", I just don't see anything special with Finlands roster (except Mikko Koivu which is an outstanding player). If they had all their best players, then our chances would be close to none, but if you look at that rosters you don't think: "wow, that's a great team".

I think Finland will win, but I think there is a good chance for an upset. And I also believe we have better chances than Germany.

member 116805

why you think that norway is on the same level with germany and sweden is an better team than finland? you dont have any clear arguments.

I think the Swedish players are better than the Finish players and i think that the German team and the Norwegian team is about even? How is that not clear?
What do you want me to do? Break it down into player vs player and draw it up for you? haha

I am expressing my personal opinion, and hopefully that is alright with you Herr Fhurer. Now, if you want to disagree, again that fine by me, but if you are looking for somone to get into some idiotic internet fight with i advice you to look elsewhere son.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
I believe you're saying that just because Finland is a bigger hockey name, and for their chances, I really hope they don't think like you do.

Finland's play in this tournament has been mediocre compared to previous results. Team Norway is on fire, right now four of the top seven score leaders are Norwegians which is pretty amazing.

If the Norwegians believe they can win this game you'll see no respect what so ever, and the Fins will have their hands full. Should be a close one, very hard to predict, to be honest.

You haven't watched much FIN games. Yes tight results with latvia and germany but finland dominated them. Czech were very lucky to win finland, thanks to pavelec. Today they just beat Russia. Best hockey i have ever seen from finland after 2006 olympics.

member 116805

We do it the right way, Get-ligaen and Elitserien goaltenders all the way. ;)

Hells yes!

Honestly I woudlnt mind having a Norwegian NHL goalie, but whats the use when the clubs wont let you use them anyways.
You've got to play what you have avaliable, and thats it.
The "would have, should have, could have" excuses have no meaning, it is what it is:) Happy amateurs, Slapshot style! hehe

member 116805

I'm not "high", I just don't see anything special with Finlands roster (except Mikko Koivu which is an outstanding player). If they had all their best players, then our chances would be close to none, but if you look at that rosters you don't think: "wow, that's a great team".

I think Finland will win, but I think there is a good chance for an upset. And I also believe we have better chances than Germany.

Agreed:)

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Just looked at Czechs roster....

There is a 0% chance the USA can beat them.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
I think the Swedish players are better than the Finish players and i think that the German team and the Norwegian team is about even? How is that not clear?
What do you want me to do? Break it down into player vs player and draw it up for you? haha

I am expressing my personal opinion, and hopefully that is alright with you Herr Fhurer. Now, if you want to disagree, again that fine by me, but if you are looking for somone to get into some idiotic internet fight with i advice you to look elsewhere son.

Not challenging it's so fun when people talks **** when they don't have any base on it. I would say that germany is better than norway if we look the paper but the tournament performance have been good on both team that evens it up but after i have seen from last wc's and this tournament German have looked very strong. I don't think sweden has much better team on the paper than finland but i think FIN tournament performance have been SLIGHTLY better than SWE. Well last post in this case. Everyone has own thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->