Quarterfinal Pre-Game Talk • CAN/SUI • FIN/RUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
I'm interested to see how both teams respond.

Canada will obviously be hungry to win considering they lost the last game and what is on the line.

Swiss played a close game against USA and considering USA and Canada are pretty much on par right now, they might think they can beat Canada.

JrHockey89

May 13, 2009
I'm thinking Visentin gets the start and Canada comes out very hard after a tough loss to Sweden.

I really don't think the Swiss stand a chance in this one.

6-0 Canada.

dm1371

May 29, 2010
Chicoutimi, QC
I don't know if you guys would agree with me, but these would be my lines :

Foligno - Schenn - Johansen
Leblanc - Couturier - Kassian
Howden - Eakin - Connolly
Hamilton - Cizikas - Ashton

Cowen - Ellis
De Hann - Gudbranson
Despres - Barrie
Olsen

VISENTIN
Roy

Edit: Prediction : 5-1 Canada.

cenas*

Swiss played a close game against USA and considering USA and Canada are pretty much on par right now, they might think they can beat Canada.

If Canada shows up to play the Swiss wont have a chance. The Finns did that and dominated from start to finish.. would have been a blowout if we were better at finishing.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
If Canada shows up to play the Swiss wont have a chance. The Finns did that and dominated from start to finish.. would have been a blowout if we were better at finishing.

This is pretty much how I feel. It's a good game to get Visentin some more action if that's the route Cameron wants to go, I know I would.

dm1371

May 29, 2010
Chicoutimi, QC
I really don't understand what Cameron and Canada's coaching staff see in Olsen that we don't see, he just makes so many mistakes ! I'm hoping for a big change in that putting Olsen the 7th d-man that he deserves to be.

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg
I also think canada will win relatively clear. But you shouldn't take the game against the finns as standard. Switzerland catch a bad day...

So if the canadiens only play 90% it could be a pretty close game like SUI-USA or SWE-SUI in the pretournament game.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
The Swiss might give the Canadians a decent match, but in the end of course anything but a Canadian victory would be a huuuuuge up-set. A "epic fail lol" type of up-set.

4-1 Canada.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
It is unfortunate that Canada has to play the Swiss as recently I have found it very easy to cheer for them and enjoy it. Obviously Im cheering for Canada in this one. Interested to see the look of the lineup, I thought the Schenn/Johansen/Hamilton line looked pretty good yesterday.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Starting Visentin would make sense given Roy's ****** performance, but I don't know if Cameron will risk putting in a cold goalie for a playoff game.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Starting Visentin would make sense given Roy's ****** performance, but I don't know if Cameron will risk putting in a cold goalie for a playoff game.

I think you might as well go for visentin. In canada, finishing 4th or 5th is just as bad as finishing 2nd, so you might as well use this game to try and get visentin in a groove.

Sure, you can use Roy for this game and he will likely win, but is anyone confident that he can do it again as the opponents get tougher? Based on what we've seen, the answer is no.

You might as well use this game as a starting point for visentin, and see how he reacts against the tougher opponents, and if he ends up crapping the bed against the swiss, so what? It doesnt look like roy was going to get you to the promised land anyways.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
Personally I hope Nino shows up big and Switzerland pulls out the upset, but I wont get my hopes up :D Just want to see a good game!

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
Glad to see everyone else on the same page with Olsen, I swear every turn over or goal it seemed Olsen's name was said within just a few seconds of it happening or was the cause of it.

TicketBroker

Dec 31, 2010
Afraid to say it doesn't look good for Team Canada. Goaltending just isn't there this year. They should go with Visentin, I've seen enough of Olivier Roy to know he won't win us the gold. The Swiss are an easy confidence builder for Mark. Clubs with better save percentage than Roy: SVK, SUI, SWE, GER, RUS, USA, FIN. Hope the coach has the balls to make the switch.

Pyke*

We can't afford to look past the Swiss, but as others have said, it would be a monumental upset for Canada to lose at this stage. Remember, we easily dismantled them in pre-tournament.

Put Visentin in, since he has to be your guy now.

Mr Spock

May 23, 2006
Västerås in Sweden
Honestly....

There is no team in the world I hate more than the swiss. The calculating basturds are masters of getting out every inch of from the team. You know what I mean. They are Rolexing themselves through every tournament. Masters of trap. I just hate them.

I'll add the fact that as a country they are known for cherrypicking themselves amongst the european treatys and other interstate relationships, Hey, just ask an austrian of what he thinks of a swiss. He can fill it out better than me.

So good luck to you Canucks....

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Finland/Russia... Im thinking we have more balanced overall game but they have more individual skill. Could go either way really.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
I rly liked the Howden - Schenn - Johansen line

i feel Ashton - Cizikas - Eakin have to be solid on the boards

and id be shocked if Visentin isnt in net

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
I'm expecting a good teamgame from Finland like so far. Hopefully Ortio doesn't give any gifts and we score on our chances with the result of a close win.

Predicting that Armia almost scores a goal like every game.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Honestly....

There is no team in the world I hate more than the swiss. The calculating basturds are masters of getting out every inch of from the team. You know what I mean. They are Rolexing themselves through every tournament. Masters of trap. I just hate them.

I'll add the fact that as a country they are known for cherrypicking themselves amongst the european treatys and other interstate relationships, Hey, just ask an austrian of what he thinks of a swiss. He can fill it out better than me.

So good luck to you Canucks....

?? Stay on the enterprise !

I hope we will go for an upset ! Since every logical person would give a logical advantage to the Canadians ... probably they will underestimate us in their heart.

As per Fin Rus ... The Finns are really good this year ! mabe they will go up to the final ... and who knows ... Become WCJ Champions !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->