GDT: Quarterfinal - May 23 - Finland vs Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
You guys should exchange your contact informations to have further discussions about the history of these two nations. I don't think this quarter final thread on Hfboards is the best way to do it.
I've enjoyed every bit of it, would you rather see: YOU SUCK - NO YOU SUCK, cock measuring fest instead?

E: And actually learned quite a bit during all this, which is rather refreshing feeling here in HFboards.

EE: This is testament to game of hockey and World Chamionships that a single game of hockey is able to invoke hundreds of posts discussing 1000+ years of history of 2 nations and the world. Super happy this happened and super happy that swedes here on HF were goodsports about all this.

Last edited:

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
I've enjoyed every bit of it, would you rather see: YOU SUCK - NO YOU SUCK, cock measuring fest instead?

E: And actually learned quite a bit during all this, which is rather refreshing feeling here in HFboards.

I would rather see discussion about the game. The history is very interesting too but i'd rather have an own thread about it dispite how fun and informative it was.

Reactions: Ippenator

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
I would rather see discussion about the game. The history is very interesting too but i'd rather have an own thread about it dispite how fun and informative it was.
"Okay" This shit right here is organic, it happened, if you move this anywhere else it wouldn't happen. Like in history you need context, conversation like this need something big to initiate it.

Reactions: aphyro

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka

Yep, you have a point. But when it happens that there are rather high volume debate ongoing in both Finnish and Swedish main medias (the analysis and the laundry accordingly), and there was mutually consensus (from stand points of given situation), why not to associate it with everything that seems to be relevant to the debate, no matter how distantly. The most surprising and delightful thing was that whole debate was even possible, and in such healthy and friendly tone. Never seen that before in this context.

That said. Finns and Swedes will be always fierce enemies in the rink, but there are indeed those 1000+ years of common, mutual history that no troll army or colored fan-classes can easily overcome, or nullify.

Just as so many times before. Its The Finnish detachment's turn to march into the next battle, no way easier than the last.

Odds are there, but they aren't good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad