G 1 Jhonas Enroth
D 52 Philip Holm
F 29 Mario Kempe

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
sweden is better on the paper, but sweden have been bad playingwise the whole tournament and have the worst coach in the tournament.

finland will play with no pressure.

with 2 golds in row there might also be a satiation for the swedes.

finland win, 3-2 in ot

Reactions: Husqvarna

Gisyyq

May 17, 2019
Hmm, i dont know anything about sweden's coach but what i do know is that i hate how Jukka Jalonen has been relying way too much on some d men, who've been awful and not relyiable for one bit in this whc. Biggest of them all being Oliwer Kaski.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
sweden is better on the paper, but sweden have been bad playingwise the whole tournament and have the worst coach in the tournament.

finland win, 3-2 in ot

Blashill is the worst coach in this tournament by a mile, followed by Bozon and then perhaps Gronborg. Still it takes some skill to win 2 golds in row.

It will be nervous beginning of the match and I can see Finland winning but I think Sweden will manage it in the end.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Finland vs Sweden 2:6! We all know,that Sweden makes sometimes wrong RR but in Play-Off they show another face. This is typical since decades. I m 100% sure that the swedes play their best hockey in K.O.Stage.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Yes. they meet again. bitter rivals. will Finland stop Sweden from going for their 3 peat ? cant wait! :popcorn:
Yes but with different weapons! Sweden has almost complete NHL-Team with top-guys like E.Pettersson,Lindholm,Landeskog,Klingberg etc.. Finland has only a SM-Liiga team. This is not a really contest. Ridiculous Tournament!

Reactions: torniojaws

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

finland win, 3-2 in ot

NHL talent loaded Sweden vs EuroHockeyTour Finland if Sweden lose this game it's a miracle.
Finland doesn't have enough talent to even challenge Sweden this game so this will be clear win to Swedes with 6 goal margin ( 7-1 to Sweden is my prediction).

Last edited:
Reactions: Lambo

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I gotta go with Sweden on this... 2 time champs, stacked lineup, 2 world class goalies and that glorious D. I also picked the US despite wonky pool play. This is the time for them to shine and I think they will.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
I gotta go with Sweden on this... 2 time champs, stacked lineup, 2 world class goalies and that glorious D. I also picked the US despite wonky pool play. This is the time for them to shine and I think they will.

Not so stacked, missing EK, Hedman,H.Lindholm,Klefbom and Dahlin on D! Hagg, Gustafsson and M.Pettersson doesnt belong!

Backstrom,Zibanejad,Forsberg and Arvidsson are no brainers , then you can also make a case for Backlund,Rakell,Silfverberg, W.Karlsson,M.johansson and Nyqvist! Roleplayers like Fast and Hagelin.

Marky arent worldclass! and Lundy are on decline, Lehner had been my choice!

Still think Sweden will have a easy journey against the finns who seems to have lost a gear or 2 after a great start of the tournament!

Reactions: Czechboy

IceBjoern

Feb 24, 2010
Stockholm
NHL talent loaded Sweden vs EuroHockeyTour Finland if Sweden lose this game it's a miracle.
Finland doesn't enough talent to even challenge Sweden this game so this will be clear win to Swedes with 6 goal margin ( 7-1 to Sweden is my prediction).
Have you ever watched these teams play before? It doesn’t matter if one team is better on paper because these games are all about heart.

I’m thinking this is going to be a one goal game. Look at Latvia for reference.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
To all of you who says it will be an easy win for sweden, remember its never an easy game against the finns ;)

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
Ya gonna get yer head kicked in Sweden by the worst ever Finland squad that ever has been standin' on skates come thursday ...

We love ya all: Sweden ...

Reactions: king89

thestudent

May 10, 2011
Hmm, i dont know anything about sweden's coach but what i do know is that i hate how Jukka Jalonen has been relying way too much on some d men...

Dear Finnish Ice Hokey Association

Second this... Please keep Jalonen and change his name from Jukka to Kari

Regards,
Finnish Ice Hockey Fans

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
If Finland can't significantly improve their game from the last one, this game will be over in the first period. Lankinen also needs to be on top of his game for us to have any chance whatsoever.

I thought that the ceiling for this team is quarters anyway, so mission accomplished, no matter what happens :laugh:

Snaibberi

Mar 20, 2008
Sweden wins 6-0. Finland had good games but last 3 games against second tier teams has shown the truth. Even i almost forgot how bad Finnish team is on paper. Thank you Germany for reminding me that truth.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
What a weird thread. Finnish fans sulking they lost against Germany and played bad hockey, while Swedish fans are sulking they got crushed against Russia and played bad hockey.

It'll be even as always I think, but Sweden should win this on talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad