GDT: Quarterfinal - May 18 - Canada (2) vs Germany (1)

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
But Canadians have been so great at supressing Germans from rushing into attack with full force so far. Yeah, they are something different. Most other teams, even good ones, would have probably gone on defense mode...
Even with the 1 goal Germany scored, they were not given any half decent chance to tie the game up, even if momentum was on their side for a bit

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Does Parayko ever get a break and get to come off ice?haha

I swear he is on the ice every single time i look

Norris candidate within 2 years

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I don't think I need to mention that it was well-deserved. :laugh:

Honorable showing from our guys with a more than respectable (if obviously flattering) result. Good tournament, overall.

karlstegger

May 15, 2016
Denmark
A mix of good goaltending and poor finishing kept it close. Should have been over by the end of second period.

Looking forward to the semi.

Zaar

Feb 5, 2017
Germany
Germany fought well but Canada simply was (way) better. The result doesn't reflect the game, but man, that was exciting.

Grubi man of the game for me on the german side.

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
Okay let' be honest normaly a game like this one Ends 7-0.
The game showed brutaly how unskilled German Players are.
The Problem is: The game Ends only 1:2 and the media makes it look like this was an amazing Performance by the Team. For the future of hocky a honest 7-o would have been better. There reallys need to be a Major shift in our development programms as well as in the DEL.

PenDuhNotPittsburgh

May 13, 2017
Krefeld
Solid goaltending with Greiss and Gruby
Some promising young players
Quarters last year
Quarters this year
Conclusion: It's going in the rigth direction. Slowly. Very slowly. Like a slug or the continental drift^^

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad