GDT: Quarterfinal - May 17 - USA vs Czech Republic

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
To sum up first period:

We got totally screwed on the Jaskin high stick... maybe we score on the 4 minute penalty and it is a different game?

The NHL goalie is playing much better than the KHL one (this would be a common sense statement to everyone but the Czech coaching staff)

The American D was much better than the Czech D

I thought the forwards were about equal (Necas had a beauty shift)

American coach outcoaching Jandac by a mile (who was on ice for Kane and Atkinson goals? American coach is getting his top line to score against our 3rd and 4th line... Krejci/Pastrnak won't get a sniff against their bottom D or 3/4 lines).

Kudo's to America... they literally played it exactly how they planned. Line match us, expose us... gets shots on Francouz early and score early. A+ to them.

Also, I love the Czech mentality of don't reveal the starter because the States won't be able to prepare for it... it is some kind of advantage apparantly.. as if the Patrick Kane gives a shit if he's shooting on Rittich or Francouz.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
they should switch out Francouz on the break
Should've never started... also, should've line matched against Kane and Atkinson. US coach changed all his lines and had a very good strategy. Jandac made a few stupid decisions and we're in a big hole.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
This match reminds me a classic QF against the USA/Canada at WJC - so far we did nothing, US players are at least one level up.
Francouz is shaky today. And most importantly we seriously miss good puck moving defensemen. Seeing our D trying to get the puck out of our zone is just painful.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
To sum up first period:

We got totally screwed on the Jaskin high stick... maybe we score on the 4 minute penalty and it is a different game?

The NHL goalie is playing much better than the KHL one (this would be a common sense statement to everyone but the Czech coaching staff)

The American D was much better than the Czech D

I thought the forwards were about equal (Necas had a beauty shift)

American coach outcoaching Jandac by a mile (who was on ice for Kane and Atkinson goals? American coach is getting his top line to score against our 3rd and 4th line... Krejci/Pastrnak won't get a sniff against their bottom D or 3/4 lines).

Kudo's to America... they literally played it exactly how they planned. Line match us, expose us... gets shots on Francouz early and score early. A+ to them.

Also, I love the Czech mentality of don't reveal the starter because the States won't be able to prepare for it... it is some kind of advantage apparantly.. as if the Patrick Kane gives a **** if he's shooting on Rittich or Francouz.
That was brutal:)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
TSN didn't mention who made the outlet pass... I was thinking Sulak or Hronek.. that was f***en Radko Gudas passing it to Faksa. Gorgeous pass... the whole play was beautiful! There is secondary scoring which we needed badly. Now need the David's to do something... they are matched up every second against Larkin's line... classic line matching...

Czechs get goal and have been caved ever since... great work by Francouz. However the ice is very tilted right now...

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Necas and Chytil have been making great setups and causing damage with their vision and speed. Kubalik has the shot to bury that! Should've carried it in.. he was all alone.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
now its a penalty...what a joke...US guys getting held everywhere out there and no calls...
You're complaining about 'no calls'.. did you see what you guys did to Jaskin in the first 2 minutes? Dude looks like Rocky after that high stick.

Reactions: Leslie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad