GDT: Quarterfinal - May 17 - Sweden vs Latvia

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I do sure hope Swedish players are as overconfident as a few Swedish posters in this thread. Would put us in a much better position right off the bat

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
I do sure hope Swedish players are as overconfident as a few Swedish posters in this thread. Would put us in a much better position right off the bat
I do think it's a difference between kids with pimples in their faces, sitting behind a computer and a keyboard and payed professionals playing in the best league in the world. I mean, a lot of them play the Buffalo Sabres every year, so most of em are used to basement teams

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017

Those Swedes can not have been alive 2002 against Belarus. I was, and i will never unerestimate a opponent ever.

Reactions: mjlee

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Sweden usually suck when playing in the middle of the day. So they should start better this game.. but who knows.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Sweden usually suck when playing in the middle of the day. So they should start better this game.. but who knows.
The ice quality in Denmark at the end of a warm day is pretty terrible, though, which surely helps Latvia more than Sweden. The puck is harder to control, passing plays are more difficult to execute.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
The ice quality in Denmark at the end of a warm day is pretty terrible, though, which surely helps Latvia more than Sweden. The puck is harder to control, passing plays are more difficult to execute.

Yeah maby. It will be an intresting game!

I hope Sweden wins. But if they dont i will not be suprised. Its hockey after all.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Going by this thread, the overconfidence by a nations posters goes both ways.

Swedish coach when asked about this being an easy win and how they handle not underestimating Latvia: "First off, you're the one who's underestimating them, not us." Same sentiment comes from a lot of players.

I will say this; Klingberg & Rakell have only gotten gold while playing for Sweden. Coincidence? Yeah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->