89 Nikita Jevpalovs

Scratched:
G 35 Matiss Kivlenieks
D 26 Uvis Balinskis
F 15 Martin Karsums

Last edited:

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Ok Sweden if you are not your best self you wont win this game. Dont underestimate the fighting spirit of your opponent.

This will probably be a realy tough game.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I see Sweden as favorites for gold and would rather face any other team, but can`t wait for the game. As a Ducks fan, will be weird cheering against Ricky and Magnus

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
I see Sweden as favorites for gold and would rather face any other team, but can`t wait for the game. As a Ducks fan, will be weird cheering against Ricky and Magnus
Do you think Sweden has more speed than Finland? I think it's speed that killed us against the Finns.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Do you think Sweden has more speed than Finland? I think it's speed that killed us against the Finns.
Arvidsson can make problems :) They with Forsberg can play a quick hockey, I have seen it as a Ducks fan
Well, Sweden is quite fast even if they might or might not be faster than Finns. The way I see it is that Sweden has the same or higher talent level on the roster as USA or CAN, but Sweden plays more team game.
But if Slovakia, who did not qualified for 1/4 finals, could take a point from Sweden, we can stay competitive against Sweden as well :)

maximafinogenov7

May 10, 2018
Arvidsson can make problems :) They with Forsberg can play a quick hockey, I have seen it as a Ducks fan
Well, Sweden is quite fast even if they might or might not be faster than Finns. The way I see it is that Sweden has the same or higher talent level on the roster as USA or CAN, but Sweden plays more team game.
But if Slovakia, who did not qualified for 1/4 finals, could take a point from Sweden, we can stay competitive against Sweden as well :)

Slovakia take a point, but other teams who did qualified(Russia, Czech, Swiss) couldnt did that though. So its irrelevant information.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Slovakia take a point, but other teams who did qualified(Russia, Czech, Swiss) couldnt did that though. So its irrelevant information.
they played different type of game against Swedes, I believe, as they had more firepower and tried to play the game more open, no? Latvia will play Swedes tight

kary

May 12, 2016
I don't see any chance for an upset here. Sorry Latvia, hope you put up a good fight.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
That's some interesting reasoning.

If a weaker team could draw Sweden, but the stronger teams couldn't, you're saying that Latvia won't be able to go to OT against Sweden because of their previous results.

Basically, Latvia is a good team, so there won't be any tied games. That's very interesting.

Thanks for your opinion.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
they played different type of game against Swedes, I believe, as they had more firepower and tried to play the game more open, no? Latvia will play Swedes tight
Wasn't the type of game they played that made them go to OT.

Anyway, expect to spend the majority of the time in your own zone either way.

Edit: also, we didn't have Forsberg, Arvidsson, Ekholm, & Hörnqvist vs Slovakia.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Wasn't the type of game they played that made them go to OT.

Anyway, expect to spend the majority of the time in your own zone either way.

Edit: also, we didn't have Forsberg, Arvidsson, Ekholm, & Hörnqvist vs Slovakia.
Well thank you, didn`t knew that myself. Thought we would dominate the game tomorrow, until you came and shed the light on me

Reactions: Pouliot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->