GDT: Quarterfinal • May 11 • Sweden 5, Germany 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
You call this a Bavarian accent?
You should really come here one time :yo:

Well he's a TV commentator, of course he can't go full Bavarian. But there's definitely an accent. Maybe you have to live north of the Weisswurst equator to notice. ;)

not a fan of him. but his accent is indeed annoying. i think he's from niederbayern, but he sounds more like from oberpfalz. and oberpfälzisch is not an accent but a disease. :sarcasm::D

You tell me, I lived a year in Regensburg in the 90s...

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
I don't think he has a big accent at all. If at all it is Niederbayern. But very very very slight.

Where are you guys from to find this an Bavarian accent already? :)

Well, I'm from Hannover. I don't think an explanation is necessary here. :D

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
The good old german hockey was about working hard and not really putting on any offense. This is still the new Germany and it will get it's chances. There are forwards who know how to pass and shoot!

blowing chances was always part of german hockey. there's indeed much more skill and offense in the german game nowadays, but they still fail to score when it counts.

against slovenia and denmark it was similar. the only exception was actually the game against finland.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
Arrogant, sloppy play by Tre Kronor. Everyone is just playing by themselves. Fortunately the Germans haven't been very lethal and hasn't taken advantage of it.

Nordic Pride

Jan 20, 2011
Sweden
I dont care if we're outplayed, just win, win, WIN!!!!!

But seriously. Too much puttinuyttinuttioputtförhelvete! Tackla, skjut, in på mål! Not one single hit? Pathetic. Just murder the germans, how hard can it be?

Love to see Berglund though! New Sundin, for sure! He's playing with passion, aggressivness and pride.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
he's try to speak german, no doubt. but his accent comes thru. and it's really not mine. oberbayrisch i wouldn't mind. i usually enjoy hans zach as an expert. but goldmann, no way.

i'm from nordhessen.

good old german hockey. many chances, too dumb to score.

Let it do already. Goldmann is fine. I understand everything he's saying loud and clear. And I'm located at least 100km north from you.

ERC91

Apr 10, 2010
Well, I'm from Hannover. I don't think an explanation is necessary here. :D

The place where people speak the purest German. Ok I get it :laugh: .

Well he's a TV commentator, of course he can't go full Bavarian. But there's definitely an accent. Maybe you have to live north of the Weisswurst equator to notice. ;)

Well it depends on which definition you take:
Donau, Main, 100km around Munich or 49th latitude ;) .

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
blowing chances was always part of german hockey. there's indeed much more skill and offense in the german game nowadays, but they still fail to score when it counts.

against slovenia and denmark it was similar. the only exception was actually the game against finland.

The Germans don´t blow them when they´re scoring on they´re own net though.....:D

The Swedes have been absolutely lacking physical game in this tournament, I thought it was very visible in their game against the Swiss when the Swiss had at least 5 times as much hits.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Guys, you should have heard the "German" of the guy from Slovak TV interviewing the German players and you´d have no complaints about your guy.....;)

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany

True, but a few years back we were only able to generate chances we could blow against teams that were at the same level as us or worse. Now we are in a position to blow chances against better teams. I'll call this improvement.

It would be nice though, if we had a few real snipers on the team.

Hopefully German media will see this tournament for what it is. A success. But the general media will probably consider it a failure if they don't reach the semi final. :shakehead

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
I dont care if we're outplayed, just win, win, WIN!!!!!

I don't think they were outplayed. Sweden's poor performance came by their own doing. I'm not saying that's a positive thing, It feels more ok if the other team plays great and makes you look bad. Canada, Russia or Czech would've made Sweden pay for this kind of play. Perhaps the Germans were caught by surprise with how the Swedish defense acted.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
True, but a few years back we were only able to generate chances we could blow against teams that were at the same level as us or worse. Now we are in a position to blow chances against better teams. I'll call this improvement.

i think there's a lot of improvement in german hockey. i think we have maybe 20 more players you could throw in at the moment and wouldn't notice much difference. still 2way players like the past, but with improved skating, puckhandling and general hockey sense. i like the tendency.

Hopefully German media will see this tournament for what it is. A success. But the general media will probably consider it a failure if they don't reach the semi final. :shakehead

i doubt it. way too much hype when they won. beating russia and slovakia was great, but somehow the media forgot to mention that both countries had bad games against us. still a good tourney, but it's not like germany is all of sudden an elite nation. not even close.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
i understand him, that's not the problem. it's just annoying. ;)

Maybe the problem is that you can understand him. :D

I'm also not a fan of Goldmann, but I have to say he has improved over the past years. He is definitely not as bad as he was in the beginning.

Nordic Pride

Jan 20, 2011
Sweden
I don't think they were outplayed. Sweden's poor performance came by their own doing. I'm not saying that's a positive thing, It feels more ok if the other team plays great and makes you look bad. Canada, Russia or Czech would've made Sweden pay for this kind of play. Perhaps the Germans were caught by surprise with how the Swedish defense acted.

Yeah, that line was kinda in the heat of the moment. But for sure we did not play like we can and should.

And Germany sure deserves respect from every team.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005

Is it just my impression or have there been more games on TV this time than the years before? Ratings were pretty good last year so at least DSF/sport1 seems more interested.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Looking good so far. Just keep this up. Crash the net, put a lot of pressure on their d and shoooooot shooot shoot!

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Is it just my impression or have there been more games on TV this time than the years before? Ratings were pretty good last year so at least DSF/sport1 seems more interested.

especially with sport1+ coverage they had many more games this year.
no idea if the ratings are better, but i'd guess so. the german team played attractive fast paced hockey in most games. not the ice chess of the past. and beating russia at the beginning was a perfect start to get people interested.

ERC91

Apr 10, 2010
I think it's hard to do with just international tournaments.
DEL would have to come into play.

Besides I really don't see so many positive things in the media: When in the ARD-text I read "nach den letzten drei Pleiten", I really was like WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad