GDT: Quarterfinal • May 11 • Sweden 5, Germany 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Just take a quick look at the difference in play-by-play guys who do the NHL and these fools.
They can't even pronounce a single name when Sweden are playing against Switzerland or France, while a guy like Doc Emrick takes a lot of pride in getting every single name right.
Small things.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
There's a 5% minority that speaks Swedish as the first language. And everyone has to study it in school.

A few hundred years ago 18% of our population used to speak it as 1st language.

Could have been worse. Could have been Danish. :laugh:

Nordic Pride

Jan 20, 2011
Sweden
He's got an annoying voice that is true, but the guy could probably namedrop who was the 7th defender on the 1994 Calgary Flames for instance :laugh:

I have no problems with the tone of his voice. A good ol' "Whiskey voice". It's just that he can't commentate. In intensed moments every sentence sounds like it's the last. "Och DÄR skjuter tysken" "Och DÄR räddar Fasth" "Och DÄR skickar Fernholm ut pucken" "Och NU kan svenskarna åka och byta".

Put him on the radio and you would'nt have a clue on whats going on on the ice.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
I have no problems with the tone of his voice. A good ol' "Whiskey voice". It's just that he can't commentate. In intensed moments every sentence sounds like it's the last. "Och DÄR skjuter tysken" "Och DÄR räddar Fasth" "Och DÄR skickar Fernholm ut pucken" "Och NU kan svenskarna åka och byta".

Put him on the radio and you would'nt have a clue on whats going on on the ice.

Yeah but he isnt on the radio so that doesnt matter.

About Fasth, I'm a bit scared every time he stick handles. He has no nerves. At all. He messed up several times this game and had we faced a more skilled team than Germany we would've paid for it.. He's making awesome saves and then the very next second he does something really stupid..

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
I like him. He could make a game of snooker actually seem exciting.

always reminded me of this guy

27533_105533356142466_8441_n.jpg

Nordic Pride

Jan 20, 2011
Sweden

About Fasth, I'm a bit scared every time he stick handles. He has no nerves. At all. He messed up several times this game and had we faced a more skilled team than Germany we would've paid for it.. He's making awesome saves and then the very next second he does something really stupid..

Sure, but you you'd still want a TV commentator to have some sort of ability to actually describe what's happening. To me he's completely useless because of that.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
After a horrible 1st, they come out to play as they should've done from the start. Overall it wasn't a bad performance. They played well enough in the 2nd and 3rd.

Next up is Jagr :help:

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Can someone get Niclas Holmgren far away from every future hockey broadcast please?

Hehe u dnt know what ur talking about. I rem when NRK (norwegian tv) streamed live games. Alot of mistakes all the time. Lag lag lag lag.... Always wrong info " Ricky nash score.... oh w8 its not ricky nash...... " Its icing... not" and ofc "the refs are mean to us, because we are not one of the big teams" blablabla :shakehead

I love Swedish experts. They are alot better then ours. :handclap:

U should also have some nice ladies in the studio. Swedish women are hot ****. They dnt need to say anything :nod:

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town

Well u cant blame the kid. He is swedish :jk:

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
But....but... you speak Finnish in Finland right? :huh:

Well you can switch on the broadcasts if you want a finnish or swedish commentatory. Its good if ur annoyed with the other one.

Fasth makes some very weird decisions with the puck, saw that already in eht.

Teus

Oct 5, 2003
Lund
Visit site
It's still way better than what we were used to with Ã…ke Unger, Lasse Kinch & co and it's way better than what TV4's future broadcasts from the World Championships will be like.

winther88

Apr 13, 2010
Trollhättan
How did Rundblad play? Silfverberg?

Rundblad was probably the best defenceman on ice together with Tim Erixon and Silfverbergs line with Krüger and Tedenby were awesome as always these last games.

Silfverberg is so damn strong around the boards and he's creating a lot of space for the other two.

Rundblad got one assist and the only time the powerplay worked out good was when he was on the ice.

benr

Mar 7, 2011
I am so excited to see Silvferberg play on NHL ice its not even funny. I think a lot of Ottawa fans have a "feeling" about him, even if it is mostly from the heart.

OilerOlli*

Own stupidy. Germany threw away 4 points against Finland and Denmark, and so they had to play against Sweden instead Norway. Against Sweden it was clear that we only have a very slim chance.
But Quarterfinal is still a good result for Germany.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Own stupidy. Germany threw away 4 points against Finland and Denmark, and so they had to play against Sweden instead Norway. Against Sweden it was clear that we only have a very slim chance.
But Quarterfinal is still a good result for Germany.

Well, parts of the game Germany played impressive and Fasth was being lucky.

Especially parts of second half.

Rizer

Apr 30, 2010
blowmeuptom.com
Well, parts of the game Germany played impressive and Fasth was being lucky.

Especially parts of second half.

They played impressively at parts, yes. During the tournament the team played very well at certain times, so much so that you really believed the players were motivated and well trained. But overall, the fact is that German hockey is a pretty big joke, and I think the team could be a serious contender but the entire infrastructure needs to change.

Congrats to Sweden, though. Good team and a deserved win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad