wfi.gif
Jussi Terho|Linesman

Last edited:

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Live box score: http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/261/gameaction_2863.html

Streams: http://hockeynight2k.blogspot.com/2011/05/blog-post.html | http://www.myp2pforum.eu/threads/56271-2011-IIHF-World-Championship-(Slovakia)-May-11

Tournament stats: http://www.iihf.com/en/channels-11/iihf-world-championship-wc11/statistics.html

Please remain civil and argue the content of the posts made in these threads. Personal attacks, flamebaiting and trolling will not be tolerated. If you spot trolls, use the report button. Don't call them out in the thread, as that is flaming itself. Violators may promptly be banned from the International Tournaments forum altogether.

Last edited:

wwvdw

Dec 22, 2009
Sweden
Why is everyone predicting Germany scoring a goal? Fasth is playing so there's a 75% chance of a shutout.:sarcasm:

3-0 Sweden

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Still dont think I've seen a single Finn predict a swedish victory :D Not gonna lie, i'm a bit nervous but I do think Sweden will win this game.

Keduzin

May 5, 2009
Still dont think I've seen a single Finn predict a swedish victory :D Not gonna lie, i'm a bit nervous but I do think Sweden will win this game.

Here´s one but to be honest I´m hoping Germany will win !

Neblod Zin

Oct 3, 2006
Finland

Believe or not, I've actually always rooted Sweden even though I'm from Finland. I think it began with Peter Forsberg and then realizing that the Finnish fans are not so nice people compared to other fanbases. Good example is how swedish people usually hope for Finland to success if they're out themselves. But here in Finland it won't ever happen. People are just so jealous - good sign of that was when they showed two times in tv the Sweden's match against Norway, just to celebrate them losing it. Hah, I think finnish people like more Sweden losing than their own winning and that says a bit about it. :laugh:

But here's hoping for a good game and swedish victory! The defence lines seems to be now nicely balanced with one offensive and defensive defender in each line.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Believe or not, I've actually always rooted Sweden even though I'm from Finland. I think it began with Peter Forsberg and then realizing that the Finnish fans are not so nice people compared to other fanbases. Good example is how swedish people usually hope for Finland to success if they're out themselves. But here in Finland it won't ever happen. People are just so jealous - good sign of that was when they showed two times in tv the Sweden's match against Norway, just to celebrate them losing it. Hah, I think finnish people like more Sweden losing than their own winning and that says a bit about it. :laugh:

But here's hoping for a good game and swedish victory! The defence lines seems to be now nicely balanced with one offensive and defensive defender in each line.

haha that's a bit funny actually :) Myself I always root for a play off game between Sweden and Finland.. and I like Finland when they're not playing Sweden aswell ;)

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Sweden ought to win this one. Germany will certainly put on a fight, but Sweden will prevail in the end.

n1cON

bleeds blue ! ! !
Jun 1, 2010
here & there
Maybe we can put up a huge suprise against a well ballanced swedish squad as we did versus Russia ;) Who knows, it´s hockey ^^
The last games we weren´t that lucky and bounces went in for the opponents so hopefully it goes the other way this time :D

Anyway I´m proud of the german team and excited to see a hard fought hockey game tonight.

LET´S GO GERMANY ! :nod:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

I think everyone just downroot for sweden for fun, not actually for hate :D In football, "everyone" roots for sweden because we aint even in the competitions. Sweden is suprisedly loved, but its just loved like a brother so you can hope him to lose to get a good laugh sometimes :D

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Why is everyone predicting Germany scoring a goal? Fasth is playing so there's a 75% chance of a shutout.:sarcasm:

3-0 Sweden

Oh, I am certain we are going to score a goal. We've been scoring plenty of late. Admittedly most of those we scored on Endras, but still. ;)

If Fasth is stopping our own goals as well, he is going to be my hero. :D

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
I haven't seen Germanys matches but I heard they have played well. Sweden only performed well against the US so far. Perhaps/hopefully Swedens best performances are yet to come now that the do or die games begin.

This game ends 2-2 and Sweden scores the winner in OT.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
A Finnish and Czech ref pair, yeah I'm predicting ticky-tack to be called. We haven't been a very disciplined group, so I hope that'll change starting with this game.

ts11

Apr 29, 2005
Germany
As a fan of the Swedish NT first (despite seldomly posting in their GDTs) and the DEB team only second (although it's close), I simply have to root for them.

3:1 Sweden

Would have been different if its the bronze medal game, but as long as Sweden has a shot for Gold ... Go Sweden!

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
I'd expect this game to be similar to the Czech Republic - USA game. One team trying to apply some pressure early on and succeeding to keep up with the opponent for some time, before ultimately having no chance against the superior team.

I can't see Germany being dangerous on offense, in good position on defense and not taking penalties all at the same time, and that's what would be needed to top Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad