GDT: Quarterfinal • Finland vs. Canada • Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Fucale helped Canada win it's 1st Gold medal in 5 years last year,but got very little praise how do you like the goaltending this year.Don ''the idiot'' Cherry will go off on Lowry tonight why because he is not from Ontario.

There's a ton of blame to go around.

Rentsi

Jan 15, 2014
Feel sorry for Virtanen. At the end of the day they are just kids and this is only hockey. Pretty much whole nation bashing on a 19 year old is just wrong. Reminds me of what South American countries do after a loss in football.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Gab gab gab about nothing.
Kids will be kids and leave it at that.

Great game for the Home team hope they go all the way the certainly look really good.

Canada will be back again next year and have something to prove but those kids have nothing to be ashamed of. The completion is SO GOOD that's why it's one of if not the best tourney in hockey.

Let's not discuss who said what your only making it worse and acting more like kids than the players did.
Emotions run high with great competition.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
I feel sorry for Team Canada because Virtanen, Hicketts and Marner basically killed it in the end for them.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
C'mon, these are young Finnish kids on an insane adrenaline high, I don't think anyone should be taking the comments too seriously.

I remember many times hearing Mikko Koivu being non-correct front of the press after game lost. Thing is finnish people just say how they feel not what they're expected, it's more cultural thing I believe.

What the hell, once a finnish javelin thrower cursed whole country where he was participating after a loss :D at live on TV.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
I remember many times hearing Mikko Koivu being non-correct front of the press after game lost. Thing is finnish people just say how they feel not what they're expected, it's more cultural thing I believe.

Really? Finns are like that? Then you're like Russians :D I always thought the Finns were like Germanic peoples, more distanced, logical and reserved.

paragon

May 5, 2010
Don't you know that things said by 17 year old children in the wake of an emotional game are a perfect reflection of a nation's people as a whole???
I think it reflects us quite decently. We aren't overtly sensitive to this kind of stuff. People should check out what Kimi Räikkönen says in interviews.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
Not going to read the whole thread because there's enough ridiculousness on this page alone.

Congrats to Finland, the better team won today. I knew this wasn't Canada's year right from the beginning, the blueline wasn't strong enough in terms of quality nor depth. Finland is my pick to win it all, but that will be one heck of a semi final, looking forward to watching it as an impartial fan of the game.

The high danger scoring chances were 18-9 Canada and we outshot them, I don't buy this narrative. The Finns were opportunistic if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad